Talk

Advanced search

40th birthday present for girlie friend?

(10 Posts)
MrsBoo Tue 26-Jul-05 12:42:47

Help please. I am going on a weekend trip to Paris for a 40th birthday treat (organised by the birthday girl). I couldn't really get out of going, and am dreading it. Can someone please suggest a suitable birthday present for her?
She is all right in small doses, but i just know she is going to be really embarassing in Paris.

Tinker Tue 26-Jul-05 12:43:23

Champagne?

compo Tue 26-Jul-05 12:43:59

What kind of things does she like? Why will she be embarassing?!! How about perfume, expensive chocolate and wine perhaps?

MrsBoo Tue 26-Jul-05 12:50:10

I feel like old humbug but she will be really gigly as soon as we reach the airport, and flirty with any male!! I like a good party as well as anyone, but she makes me cringe on a night out, and makes me regress into the background. She is a bit older than me, and a recent divorcee with 2 DD. She likes what i would describe as girlie things, so i was thinking along the lines of beauty products or gift voucher for treatment etc. Just wanted to know if someone else had something really original. Ta

compo Tue 26-Jul-05 12:54:24

a gift voucher for something like this might go down well

dyzzidi Tue 26-Jul-05 16:29:01

maybe a subscription to a glossy magazine for a year?

MrsBoo Wed 27-Jul-05 12:13:01

Thanks for the suggestions, i have taken a chill pill and am now cautiously looking forward to the weekend. I have also found a place that does the 'hot stone treatment' or something like that. Think mad fried will like this.

DaddyCool Wed 27-Jul-05 12:23:05

does she like whisky?

hana Wed 27-Jul-05 12:38:35

prob not what you're thinking of at all, but when sil turned 40, we got her 40 different chocolate bars! She's a real chocaholic

spidermama Wed 27-Jul-05 12:40:36

I was once bought a picnic set from a camping shop and I LOVE it.

I bought one for my sister for her 40th and she LOVES it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now