Talk

Advanced search

DD'S cut her self... inside??

(21 Posts)
Slink Mon 25-Jul-05 20:29:39

Did not know where to put this but my dd has been exploring i guess you can say and has made herself bleed........... how do i stop her???

WigWamBam Mon 25-Jul-05 20:32:29

How old is she?

NotQuiteCockney Mon 25-Jul-05 20:33:25

I'd assume the pain of the cut will put her off exploring. (I'm assuming there's not much blood?)

spidermama Mon 25-Jul-05 20:34:31

I would make a point of treating it the same way as if she'd cut herself anywhere (inside the mouth, up the nose etc.) Say it's a delicate area and needs to be treated gently.

Slink Mon 25-Jul-05 20:34:35

4 she is fasinated, she has holes and watchs when she wees??? Then this morning i caught her with a pad in her underwear?? is this normal?? quite worried as used to work for SS and dread taking her to the drs.

Slink Mon 25-Jul-05 20:35:55

I have said to her these are her special bits as we went through not letting people touch her etc a while ago when she started school

WigWamBam Mon 25-Jul-05 20:38:31

Watching when she wees isn't unusual, and neither is her fascination with her body. I presume she's seen you using pads and is trying to copy you? My dd is desperate to have periods and be "like Mummy", they just like to copy what they see.

Have you spoken to her and explained that those places are not only private, but they are delicate, and she will hurt herself if she pokes herself there? Exploring is normal, and I don't think you'll be able to stop her touching herself, but she's old enough to understand that if she's going to do it then she needs to be gentle, and she shouldn't put anything inside herself.

spidermama Mon 25-Jul-05 20:39:28

My dd went through a stage of exploring, as she no doubt did with other areas of her body. My boys are fascinated with their willies. I wouldn't worry. As long as she knows not to do her exploring in public. If you let her get on with it, she'll have a good old look then leave it alone.

Slink Mon 25-Jul-05 20:43:44

Thank you for the reassurance. I new that it was normal it was just the whole making herself bleed. God why do they want to grow up so quick? i am dreading her going to school full time in sept i will miss her sob sob xxx

jennifersofia Mon 25-Jul-05 22:11:40

My 4 yr old dd is also v. curious and has put a pad in her knickers before - I think it is just normal at this stage.

mismatch Mon 25-Jul-05 22:20:50

Probably going to sound SO naive, but DD starts school in Sept - should I tell her that no one should douch her there??? It hadn't occurred to me til reading this thread.

kid Mon 25-Jul-05 22:25:17

There was an incident at DD's school with another child, so I chose that time to let DD know that she shouldn't let anyone touch her 'there'. If anyone did, she was to tell me or her dad.

I do think its something that should be mentioned to kids, its just finding the right time and way to say it without worrying them.

WigWamBam Mon 25-Jul-05 22:28:10

Mismatch, I think it's hugely important that she knows that no-one except you or the doctor should even be allowed to see there, let alone touch her there. I've drummed it into my dd since she was old enough to understand that her bits are private and that no-one, even if it's someone she knows and likes, is allowed to touch her there.

mismatch Mon 25-Jul-05 22:29:30

Kid you are totally right in this day and age they should be told. OMG, it shouldn't be this way. Did your child ask questions or just accept what you said?

misdee Mon 25-Jul-05 22:31:21

dd2 (almost 3) is an 'avid explorer' of her bits. its quite off putting when you go into the living room with the 1st cuppa of the morning and she is sitting there having a look. the normal morning greeting is, 'put your pj bottoms back on please.'

do they grow out of it? or does it get worse?

swiperfox Mon 25-Jul-05 22:33:59

My dd has scratched herself in there before and made it bleed a bit. She also puts pads in her knickers.

She has also stuck them onto each of the soles of her feet and worn them as shoes!!!!!!

kid Mon 25-Jul-05 22:34:09

DD has not really been exploring herself TBH. She is 6.5

DS on the other hand is 3.3 and often tries to pull his off!

She just accepted it. She told me about some girls in her class that kept lifting her skirt / dress up to see what knickers she was wearing and I told her that she musn't let the girls do this either. I informed the class teacher and it was taken further to the headteacher and parents were called in. A bit extreme but apparently there were reasons behind it

misdee Mon 25-Jul-05 22:34:38

i caught dd2 using her knickers as a place to store crayons.

marthamoo Mon 25-Jul-05 22:35:43

Doesn't everyone do that, misdee?

misdee Mon 25-Jul-05 22:36:59

it was like a scene out of the rugrats

seriously tho, her constant fiddling is quite offputting.

Slink Tue 26-Jul-05 09:12:32

Just loged on, bless nice to knowit is not just me dd. Putting pads on the feet though god better hide mine now. I use tampons nomally but once dd was in the loos with me ans shouting god that must hurt mummy........... so i try and not do that infront of her. Taken her to school and the first thing she said to the teacher is " my bits were bleeding last night!!!" great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now