Talk

Advanced search

needs lots of sympathy - I just dented my car LOTS!

(9 Posts)
kid Mon 25-Jul-05 19:41:20

I am absolutely gutted to say the least. I can not believe I did it.

I drove all the way to TCR the other day and had no trouble. Drove all the way to the Isle Of Dogs and back even though I had no idea where I was going without any problems.

But, I drive out of my parking space outside my house and hit a post. Not just hit a post, I scraped the whole of the side of the car down it. So I have managed to dent the passenger door, the back door and the rear wing.

I was on my way to pick DH up from the station, rather than stop when I heard the first crunch, I carried on. I tried to phone him on the way to tell him what had happened as I didn't want him to just see it when I got there but he didn't answer his phone.

I cried my eyes out, the poor kids, I heard them whisper to eachother 'oh, mummy's crying' and then they were silent for the rest of the journey.

I haven't got the money to get it fixed at the moment so I am refusing to drive it for now.

I AM GUTTED

Hausfrau Mon 25-Jul-05 19:43:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kid Mon 25-Jul-05 19:46:00

the post I hit is still standing, it must be very strong because I hit it very hard

hoxtonchick Mon 25-Jul-05 19:53:11

oh BOLLOCKS. lots of love xxx

tortoiseshell Mon 25-Jul-05 19:55:57

Oh kid - my mum did this to her car, and I smashed dh's new car up on the M4 when it was only a month or so old. It's horrible isn't it. Lots of sympathy coming your way!

misdee Mon 25-Jul-05 19:57:50

oh bollox, let me just pop the kettle on so u can have a virtual cuppa.

kid Mon 25-Jul-05 20:02:05

thanks guys, I will have to make sure I only go out of the front door so I don't have to look at the stupid thing.

kid Mon 25-Jul-05 22:07:32

Just had a lool out of the window as I was closing DD's blind. I can't see the dets from there so maybe it isn't as bad as I first thought?

Plus my cousins may be able to fix it for me a bit cheaper than the local garage, just have to try and get in contact with them now!

kid Tue 26-Jul-05 09:29:43

wish me luck, I'm just going to the garage to get a quote

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: