Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE CAN I HAVE MY OWN THREAD CALLED SELFISH WHINGER?

(23 Posts)
joash Mon 25-Jul-05 19:34:07

DD1 took an overdose last night, and repeated the 'incident' this afternoon. Now I know that she's alright, all I can think of is what else?????

Can anything else happen to my family???

motherinferior Mon 25-Jul-05 19:34:45

Oh sweetie.

AAARRGGGHHHH

Milliways Mon 25-Jul-05 19:35:42

Oh no! How old is she?

emmatmg Mon 25-Jul-05 19:37:32

Oh blimey......forgive me for not knowing but is your DD1 your GS's mum?

joash Mon 25-Jul-05 19:39:47

Nope - she's not GS's mum.
She's 24, and I've never seen her happier than she has been for the last eight months or so since she and her partner moved in together.
She's fed up with the shite from her manager at work, worried about GS and is convinced that he's going back to his parents, can't beleive that her partner loves her as much as she says she does, wants to give up work and go to uni, hates where she lives, etc, etc.

Hausfrau Mon 25-Jul-05 19:41:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

joash Mon 25-Jul-05 19:43:26

Been at their place and the hospital since the early hours of this morning. Her partners only 18 poor bugger and she was in a right state (plus her mums in Turkey). She's just text me to say that DD1 has eaten and is now sleeping and she's finally going to bed after having no sleep since saturday.

snafu Mon 25-Jul-05 19:47:22

Oh blimey, joash. Don't really know what to say. Am glad she's okay now.

As for 'selfish whinger' - ummm, I don't think so! I just hope it all gets a little brighter for you - but that sounds so inadequate.

emmatmg Mon 25-Jul-05 19:47:56

Poor Girl, I hope she's better and happier soon.

Sorry joash, I don't really know what to say.

joash Mon 25-Jul-05 19:49:13

thanks snafu - need to eat and sleep I think (yeah, like thats really gonna happen). Off now, large comfort food pizza and chips with garlic mayo on it's way!!!!

joash Mon 25-Jul-05 19:49:39

thanks eveyone else too .

moondog Mon 25-Jul-05 19:50:02

Poor you joash-you've really been through the mill.
She is obviously surrounded by great people-massive plus point.

Whan all is a bit calmer,it does at least seem viable to instigate some of what she wants. Uni for a start?

Tortington Mon 25-Jul-05 19:53:28

for gods sake woman. this thread should definatley not have this title. am so sorry your having all this trouble at the moment, i do hope things get better xxxxx

Tortington Tue 26-Jul-05 12:06:53

how are you today?

Springchicken Tue 26-Jul-05 12:14:50

Joash, I haven't got any idea what is or has being going on but from this thread it doesn't sound good.

Sorry to hear about your DD, i hope she is doing better today and No, you cannot have your own thread for being selfish. Must be an awful time you are going through and thinking these things does NOT make you selfish x

joash Tue 26-Jul-05 21:25:24

Hi all!!! DD1 is fine, her partner is fine, I'm fine, life plodding on. Thanks for asking .

joash Tue 26-Jul-05 21:26:36

Oh and GS's pot has been taken off today. He's played out and had a bath, both for the first time in two weeks. He was just stood in the bath, splashing and repeating "Ohhh, water".

hunkermunker Tue 26-Jul-05 21:29:14

Joash, hadn't seen this till now because of the title - never imagined it would be your thread! That's a good sign, right?

Glad DD1's OK - and hooray for GS's pot being taken off! Bless him, must've felt lovely!

joash Tue 26-Jul-05 21:31:32

Hi HM. Nice thing was - he was in the bath with me. I take him in with me once a week (he does go in more often than that ) and we sit surrounded by loads of bath toys and just play. Missed that, it was lovely.

hunkermunker Tue 26-Jul-05 21:43:16

Aw - sounds lovely! I love bathing with DS - he's very splashy and wants to climb on me!

Tortington Tue 26-Jul-05 21:43:18

am glad things are a bit better today xx

joash Tue 26-Jul-05 21:44:39

I feel pretty calm for some reason, probably because I have just woken up on the settee after sleeping for around 2 hours . Needed it though.

Tortington Tue 26-Jul-05 22:53:10

ahhh sleep the best medicine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now