Talk

Advanced search

any ideas for imaginative present for my children's naming ceremony??

(8 Posts)
Lisa1 Thu 26-Jun-03 21:22:16

I am having a naming ceremony for my 2 children (dd1 age 4 and ds2 age1). I'm trying to think about waht to get them. I thought about some orignal artwork but haven't had any luck in finding anything. I don't want to spend too much money. Its only a few weeks to go. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

whellid Thu 26-Jun-03 21:42:39

Message withdrawn

sobernow Thu 26-Jun-03 21:51:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eidsvold Thu 26-Jun-03 21:54:50

oh you can get these name plaques - only so many made with different themes - brilliant - will try and find you the website. They are original art work and limited.

try here

GeorginaA Thu 26-Jun-03 22:01:57

The best present my son had on his naming day was a memory box to be opened on his 18th birthday - has 18 different things to do with the day of the ceremony (I don't actually know what's inside myself so hopefully I'll get a surprise too!).

The best thing about them is that there so personal and unique, and you can really put a lot of thought and love into them without spending a fortune.

Oakmaiden Thu 26-Jun-03 23:13:10

When I have got gifts of this type for children I have given: a wooden box which locks - to keep their treasures in; an old (second hand) illustrated Fairy Tale book; and we once got a star named after a child - that wasn't very expensive either, as I recall.

Bron Fri 27-Jun-03 09:42:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lisa1 Thu 03-Jul-03 21:29:18

Thanks everyone for your ideas. We've decided to ask our guests to bring something for a memory box. Still can't work out what to get ourselves. I'm think ing about a first editio book , or an original illustration. does anyone know where i could find either? Preferably over the www as time is tight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: