Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MAAAAAAAD PILs - all this terrorism is really so inconvenient for them...

(5 Posts)
CountessDracula Sat 23-Jul-05 10:56:29

Just had the MOST hilarious conversation with my MIL who was huffing and puffing because Vera bloody Lynn didn't turn up to a party of theirs last night because she was stuck in Buckingham Palace due to someone leaving their rucksack on a fountain outside!

She lives in the depths of Sussex and is otherwise unaffected!

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!

There must be lots of stories of people moaning inappropriately about the effects of all this, would like to hear some more.

Lonelymum Sat 23-Jul-05 10:58:37

I am just fascinated that your MIL knows Vera Lynn. How did that happen?

CountessDracula Sat 23-Jul-05 10:59:13

oh she is friends with her son & dil or something, they were all coming to the party but dil and Vera couldn't make it cos of this rucksack

edam Sat 23-Jul-05 11:18:51

Well, my mum's not being inappropriate about this, but did mention that a contact of hers has had his leaving do at Clarence House (PoW palace) cancelled twice, poor man, because he was unlucky enough to reschedule it from Thurs 7th to last Thurs. This guy works for a medical organisation sponsored by the Prince of Wales. She wasn't taking it out of context, but just commenting how bloody unlucky it was (she was invited and had to turn back first time). Although obviously not half as unlucky as anyone directly affected.

lockets Sat 23-Jul-05 11:29:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now