Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got this months easy living magazine?

(11 Posts)
treacletart Fri 22-Jul-05 16:38:07

There was an article in it about packing a suitcase (aside:has my life really come to this??). They suggested a trick of packing different family members stuff in different coloured string bags within the case for easy access. Liked the idea and I fancy some string bags anyway - but I cant find coloured ones anywhere - not even on ebay - can anyone see if they mentioned a stockist in the mag??

RTKangaMummy Fri 22-Jul-05 16:41:34

we use different coloured plastic shop bags

also the plastic means that they slide and so pack together tightly IYSWIM

PACK different people stuff in different bags if going on plane

One lost bag = a bit of everyone rather than one person's whole wardrobe IYSWIM

RTKangaMummy Fri 22-Jul-05 16:42:29

just a guess ------ lakeland????????????

treacletart Fri 22-Jul-05 16:52:49

Yes Lakeland was one of my first thoughts too, but I cant find anything with a keyword search at least. Good tip abot the splitting everyones stuff up Kanga - they metioned that one too - and the plastic bags will work fine if I cant get string ones - I just liked the fact that you can still see everyting and pack odd shapes with string bags - they fold up to nothing and will be great for shopping too of course.

treacletart Sat 23-Jul-05 08:46:41

anyone else? fel like I'm on a quest now...

littlerach Sat 23-Jul-05 08:50:27

Betterware?

treacletart Sat 23-Jul-05 08:55:21

thanks for the tip littlerach - a whole new site for me to find things I never knew I needed! - but no string bags sadly

Satine Sat 23-Jul-05 08:58:27

Probably a fat lot of use to you but I have seen them in farm shops (certainly at the one in Sheet, near Petersfield) as an alternative to plastic carriers. hth!

fairyfly Sat 23-Jul-05 08:59:08

These laundry bags are quite good.

treacletart Sat 23-Jul-05 09:15:27

this is exactly what I'm after but I dont really want to buy from the states

fairyfly Sat 23-Jul-05 09:21:47

I have a cream one from the Bodyshop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now