Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I am finally going to put some stuff on ebay

(18 Posts)
MascaraOHara Fri 22-Jul-05 12:18:40

I started a thread a while back - and never got round to doing anything.

This weekend I have promised myself that I am actually going to get round to it.

So far I have thought of:

A large pine mirror
My mexican pine coffee table
My leather 3 piece suite
some unworn shoes
some videos (no longer have a video player)
some unwanted dvd's
my full length leather coat
some books (do books sell on ebay)
some cds

I'm quite excited but don't really know how much to put stuff on for - eek!

QueenEagle Fri 22-Jul-05 12:20:29

Have been thinking of doing the same thing MO'H (or can I call you TVI - still think of you as that you know).

Can't give you any advice on how to go about doing it all or prices etc. Does it cost anything to set up selling on there?

MascaraOHara Fri 22-Jul-05 12:21:54

It doesn't cost to set up but it does cost to list things.

You can call me whatever you like. I am completely interchangeable although I will only be sticking to the two in future!

macwoozy Fri 22-Jul-05 12:22:30

I suppose this is pretty obvious but don't make the mistake that I've made in the past few weeks. I sold loads of books but guessed at the postage, when I got round to sending them, the postage cost far more than I expected. Hardly made a penny.

Nbg Fri 22-Jul-05 12:24:17

Tbh I really wouldn't bother putting your sofa on. We have just got rid of ours but we had a look to see what they were going for and it wasn't much. I suppose it depends on what you expect for them.

We've sold a couple of things in the last week and made a bit of a profit on them both.

Give them a go. The charges are only pence and I'm sure the majority of your items will sell. We find that the lower your start price the more interest you'll get and more bids.

Have you tried to sell on here?

MascaraOHara Fri 22-Jul-05 12:27:33

No I've not tried to sell on here.

You might be right about the suite. might be worth putting that in the paper.

Never thought about the weight of books actually!

Aimsmum Fri 22-Jul-05 12:29:53

Message withdrawn

Nbg Fri 22-Jul-05 12:33:20

Start another thread and tell us what you've got.

Raspberry Fri 22-Jul-05 12:43:02

What about some sperm to?

(see other thread)

MascaraOHara Fri 22-Jul-05 13:24:34

yuk - just seen.

I will start a thread on here, tonight or over the weekend when I'm actually at home!

MascaraOHara Tue 26-Jul-05 17:26:16

I put my first item on eBay last night - a pair of pink brand new flip-flops, in the box.

Nbg Tue 26-Jul-05 17:28:02

Link please

MascaraOHara Tue 26-Jul-05 17:29:52

eeek, I think that's a bit beyond me. - I'm just finding my way round still (even though I registered on eBay in January). Also am a bit embarrassed as it's my first go and it might not be very good. Well I put up one of dd's coats in Jan but took it down again.

Nbg Tue 26-Jul-05 17:32:04

I'll go and have a look...

Nbg Tue 26-Jul-05 17:35:31

Tell me what they are like.

MascaraOHara Tue 26-Jul-05 17:43:50

try this link - any pointer more than welcome! also how do you include postage in the price?

I don't even know if my postage is right, I looked on the PO website but I'm a bit clueless! when it comes real mail. I am a child of technology, I was ashamed when I realised I didn't even know how much a stamp was

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7703226905&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Nbg Tue 26-Jul-05 17:46:40

Link didn't work.

Didn't you put the postage amount on it?

MascaraOHara Tue 26-Jul-05 17:48:37

yeah, I didn't know if you had to or not

this is the item number: 7703226905

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now