Talk

Advanced search

We have got another offer!

(78 Posts)
Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:42:26

A few moments ago. It is, sadly, about £10k less than asking price but still gives us about £30k equity if we accept it.

I really want to accept it and get the move back on, especially after the nighmares of the last year.

DH wants to think. He has asked the agents to do a finacial check on the potential buyers - apparantly they have no property to sell and are currently looking into whether to pay cash or mnartgage. lso to consider with agent whether to see if they will pay more.

But I really just want to sell...I know I should be more like DH, but I can't.

Already my heart is going mad, had palpatations and the stress levels have risen. daft I know; but been here before - 8 months of nightmare last time.

Please let this be okay, and for a sale to happen....

dillydally Thu 21-Jul-05 15:47:35

Hi,

I am tracking you I think. I had a revised offer from another buyer two weeks ago. Slightly less than before but I accepted and have asked estate agent to continue to market the flat informally until the survey has been completed. hving said that, they have done nothing really and I have had no sneaky viewings.
Good news that you have an offer. i was always advised to reject the first offer by an estate agent.

Easy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:48:13

Oh Hula, I hope so.

I'm out of touch, are you still buying at Hunters bar?

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:50:02

Good luck dillydally.

No Easy. That, plus 3 others have been and gone in the 8 months nightmare with our previous buyer Apartment went back on market a month ago. We have seen some places we like though, including a lovely 4 story town house in Ecclesall Road area.

We will see; can't get my hopes up yet...

Frizbe Thu 21-Jul-05 15:51:43

Oh Hula, good news at last! told you it'd be your month, I really hope dh comes around and you sell asap!

dillydally Thu 21-Jul-05 15:52:08

Def keep hopes low until exchange
and perhaps reject first offer - you can always say yes if they dont increase the offer subsequently

Easy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:52:31

I get the feeling we have thiss to come quite soon. We're doing up the bathroom in preparation for sale.

Perhaps you'de like to come to our New Bathroom Opening party.

SoupDragon Thu 21-Jul-05 15:53:01

Don't people usually put in a low first offer on the assumption it will be rejected? I know we did.

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:53:28

I just don't really want to reject this offer. It has been nearly a year now since we made the decision to sell. We have to be in the right catchment area by FDecember, so I want to get the ball rolling.

And Dh is now with a client, so I can't even talk to him...argh!

sunchowder Thu 21-Jul-05 15:54:07

Good Luck with all Hula!

dillydally Thu 21-Jul-05 15:55:02

do a nice rejection...say the buyer is in the right price bracket, you really want to sell but need slightly more?

Easy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:55:14

Hula, which catchment area is that?

Are you not considering Sheffield Girls High?

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:56:27

I know that this is the right thing to do, but I am scared of losing a sale....DH won't give inlike that easily, but means more stress for me right now. I hate this selling malarky 0 next house I buy I am NEVER moving from, please!!!

SoupDragon Thu 21-Jul-05 15:57:24

That's your estate agent's job - you tell them that you are keen to sell but you really need £x - pick a figure a little over halfway between offer & asking price. You want some leeway to drop price if there are problems (although your apt is new isn't it?).

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:57:49

Easy - no longer looking at private, at least for primary. Was looking at Ashdell. We made the decision to try for a second baby, and not private - at least until secondary.

The town hosue we like is in Dobcroft, and the Silverdale catchement - so excellent (the best?) schools here.

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:58:30

Yes, apartment is pretty new. We have been in two years, as of next week. We moved in brand new.

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:58:31

Yes, apartment is pretty new. We have been in two years, as of next week. We moved in brand new.

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 15:59:53

Also have to remember how this all works here. The agents deal with pretty much most of the city apartments, especially the ones in our complex. Vieweres tend to pop in and then view several apartments at once. So, we may be the top of their range. If we say no, they may simply move to the next apartment down in their list. We have to bear this in mond...it isn't the same as selling a house.

Easy Thu 21-Jul-05 16:01:04

My mums friend had a beautiful house on the lower bit of Dobcroft.

Silverdale is still rated then, even now? I left Sheffield 20 years ago and houses were more expensive in the Silverdale area even then.

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 16:01:50

Yes, Silverdale is still the top one. Great reputation, and there is a very definite premium on houses in the catchment! Oh yes!

SoupDragon Thu 21-Jul-05 16:02:49

Hula, chat to your Estate Agent. They want to get you the best price because their fees are based on it aren't they? They should know whether the first offer is likely to be tiehr highestt one.

IMO, it's unlikely as most people try a low offer first.

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 16:02:53

Actually easy - you know the daft thing. Our apartment is in the Silverdale catchment! But the primary catchment is not very good at all here. And we need to sell for room (baby #2 eventually, and DD's toys!) and for a garden.

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 16:03:38

Soupdragon - that is what DH is doing I believe. Also getting agent sto do a finacial viability check too - after last disaster we have to be cautious over that bit!

SoupDragon Thu 21-Jul-05 16:05:03

Moving house is right up the top of the Stress List with death and divorce isn't it? Damn nightmare

Having said that, I intend never to move again because the actualy physical moving is too hideous to contemplate again. <<shudders at memory>>

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 16:07:28

I AM NEVER MOVING AGAIN!

And, if anyone on here EVER sees me suggest such a thing, once this is all over, you have permission to hit me very, very hard with something large, okay?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: