Talk

Advanced search

how to get baba stop biting people

(6 Posts)
biglips Wed 20-Jul-05 21:35:27

inc me as we have shouted at her and once she stank her teeth in my arm so DP had to smack her on the hand but she doesnt seem to click on or do i carry on telling her off till she understands!

she is 9 months old

jessicaandbumpsmummy Wed 20-Jul-05 21:37:08

im going through the same with Jess, she will be 1 on sunday, but was late getting teeth.... she now has 5 and thinks its funyn to bite. i dont know what to do with her!

Bellie Wed 20-Jul-05 21:39:46

Same here biglips even though dd only has 2 teeth she can still make a rather large dent in my leg, arm, cheek .
I say no everytime she does it and remove her straight away but not sure what else to do really

madmarchhare Wed 20-Jul-05 21:39:49

Say 'no biting' firmly and look her in the eye at the same time. Repeat and repeat is all you can do at this time. At 9 months she is far too young to understand any sort of 'disciplining' for this behaviour and isnt really deliberate 'naughtiness'. My DS had a little phase between 10ish months - 16 months, this is how we dealt with it and its not a problem now.

vicdubya Wed 20-Jul-05 21:46:01

I said "No Biting" sternly and if possible would remove ds and plonk him down on the floor and walk away. Try not to make too much of it or she'll think it's a game.

It seemed to work. He was about the same age.

biglips Wed 20-Jul-05 22:21:04

ok as ill carry on as the same

<ouch!>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: