Talk

Advanced search

tag rugby - anyone know about this ?

(4 Posts)
binker Wed 20-Jul-05 09:46:25

My son's school is offereing a course in tag rugby next term - he is 8, but quite unsporty and a bit uncoordinated - was wondering whether it might be a good idea to sign him up ? He is not terribly good at throwing or catching and I was hoping it might build up his confidence ! can anyone advise ? thanks !!

dizzymama Wed 20-Jul-05 09:49:24

Tag rugby is completely different to real rugby. Ourschooldon't even use a ball most of the time! The tags are velcroed around the childrens waists and they chase each other to get them off (this is obviously an incredibly simple explanation there is a lot more to it than this!!). IME as a teacher it is a good way to help children with their coordination and it is a lot of fun. If your son is willing then yep, it would be a great thing for him to take part in.

Philly Wed 20-Jul-05 09:56:26

Both my boys have played tag Rogby and even the little one who has coordination problems etc has enjoyed it I can recommend it.

binker Wed 20-Jul-05 12:51:28

thanks both of you...will talk to him about it !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now