Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE HELP - my brother is in hospital in the Maldives - I need phone code for there

(12 Posts)
Moomin Tue 19-Jul-05 19:35:53

I've just had an email from my brother's SIL to say he's been taken to hospital in the Maldives. He works as a diver there. He needs a scan to determine whether he can be treated locally or flown back to Europe and I can't find the international dialling code for the Maldives. I'm not even sure what island he's on as he only just started this job a couple of weeks ago. Is there a general one or do I just dial for Male, the capital? I have the no. for the hospital. I know it's about 11.30pm out there now so I want to ring before midnight to see if they can tell me any news. Sorry to be useless, i'm just panicking a bit and getting ina middle. Can anyone help me?

katierocket Tue 19-Jul-05 19:36:58

00 + 960 + Area Code+ Tel

hope he's ok

Whizzz Tue 19-Jul-05 19:37:11

code here

QueenOfQuotes Tue 19-Jul-05 19:37:26

Maldives 00 960

Twiglett Tue 19-Jul-05 19:37:34

international operator .. dial 155

hope your brother's ok

QueenOfQuotes Tue 19-Jul-05 19:37:58

this is a good site for international phone codes.

SoupDragon Tue 19-Jul-05 19:37:59

Can't get bt.com to respond. Hope he's OK!

katierocket Tue 19-Jul-05 19:38:03

this might help toohere

MarsLady Tue 19-Jul-05 19:41:03

dejags Tue 19-Jul-05 19:42:04

Hope your brother is ok Moomin.

Moomin Tue 19-Jul-05 19:47:38

Thank you all so much. I have just phoned the hospital but I didn't want to wake him as it's so late. He has a stomach and lung infection apparently. I'll try again in the morning to see if I can speak to him direct.

Honestly - he started his last job out there on Xmas day and woke up to the Tsunami, thigh deep in water but ok obviously. The job fell through eventually as tourism feel then he was offered this new job and started 2 wks ago. He is jinxed! He managed to get home to see us for the 1st time in 3 years last month.

I don't want to tell my dad until I've spoken to my brother directly - he'll worry like hell otherwise. I'm crying now. My dad came round today and was telling me how he packed lavender from the garden in my brother's case to make his clothes smell nice. Dh isn't back from work yet and I can't stop crying.

Whizzz Tue 19-Jul-05 19:49:50

Hope he's OK Moomin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now