Talk

Advanced search

Urgent help needed!

(14 Posts)
GetOrlaithOut Mon 18-Jul-05 23:18:25

Ok, sorry, it's not life threatening! BUT, ds1 leaves his pre-school on Wednesday and I need gifts for teachers pronto!

No idea what to get but I want to get something nice for the playgroup leader/head and then a little something for each other 'teacher' of which there are 6.

Cheap as poss and something I can get tomorrow pm/eve!!

Heeeeeeeeeelp!

almostanangel Mon 18-Jul-05 23:19:53

do you have posh choccy shop near by? could get little boxes 3-4 choccys in nicely wrapped ,,and bigger for the leader

MarsLady Mon 18-Jul-05 23:21:08

no soaps or candles. Teachers tend to be inundated with those

milward Mon 18-Jul-05 23:22:16

pot plants. Got some lovely ones in the supermarket & then presented them with transparent printed film and velvet home-made ribbons. Looked lovely & cost very little.

BadHair Mon 18-Jul-05 23:25:14

Chocs or biscs. They'll be inundated with pressies and at least these will keep for a while until they get round to eating them.

Could you get ds1 to make cards to go with them?

GetOrlaithOut Mon 18-Jul-05 23:36:31

ooh, am liking the plant idea. Agree re candles - I bought candles for Xmas

Love the posh chocs for the teachers too. Hmm, wonder if I can get out tomorrow pm for those...

eidsvold Tue 19-Jul-05 00:01:50

plants - at least if they last... they can remember your ds1.... what about a little pottery pot with choc - something to enjoy now and something to have for later.... iykwim.

MamaMaiasaura Tue 19-Jul-05 00:03:06

We are doing a survival pack for ds teacher to cope with next years horrors. Box with ear plugs, mini vodka, etc with little instruction manual too

MamaMaiasaura Tue 19-Jul-05 00:03:35

hope no one from ds class on here too and does the same!

almostanangel Tue 19-Jul-05 09:13:14

awen ,..tell me more sounds good for my dds teacher thanks

MamaMaiasaura Tue 19-Jul-05 12:20:00

hi AAA - just got back. We have face masks, hair dye (blue rinse ), small bottle of vodka, foot stuff, rlexaing bubble bath (lavender), nice scented candle, chocolate and an inflatable hammer. Am seraching on line for some useful little words of wisdom t stick in too oh and my ds and friends dd and ds will be doing thank you notes too. Going to decorate shoe box etc

eidsvold Tue 19-Jul-05 13:48:19

Awen - what about from here

inspiration

MamaMaiasaura Tue 19-Jul-05 23:32:07

thank you eidsvold - the story about the math teacher was really touching

BareFootAngel Wed 20-Jul-05 19:25:44

lol sounds great .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now