Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A thread to make FLUM look forward to her wedding a bit more....

(52 Posts)
CountessDracula Mon 18-Jul-05 14:42:13

Come on deary, can't believe you are such a glum flum about your wedding! Only five weeks to go, should be a very exciting time, you need some buoying up methinks...

Now, what exactly is the problem?

WideWebWitch Mon 18-Jul-05 14:52:33

Flum, why aren't you looking forward to it? Can we help?

Enid Mon 18-Jul-05 15:30:48

the five weeks before my wedding were hell

I had the hen night from hell, was ill, overcome by nervous exhaustion and stress.

Then we had a lovely day and it was all worth it (well, except the hen weekend )

dish it flum.

fishfinger Mon 18-Jul-05 15:32:11

cant we rustle her up a honeymoon?
com on somone MUSt have a holiday home or
timeshare

Enid Mon 18-Jul-05 15:32:57

why can't she go on a honeymoon?

fishfinger Mon 18-Jul-05 15:33:09

$$$$$

Hausfrau Mon 18-Jul-05 15:35:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WideWebWitch Mon 18-Jul-05 16:02:55

Flum, what's your budget for a honeymoon, want us to search for you a bit more on your hotel thread?

Enid Mon 18-Jul-05 16:03:59

I only had two nights away

it was lovely though

champs Mon 18-Jul-05 18:03:23

Flum!! just adding my self to this thread. agree this time up to the wedding can be wearing!! off to find the honeymoon thread....

CountessDracula Mon 18-Jul-05 20:18:59

Flum what date is the wedding? And the dates for the honeymoon?

MascaraOHara Mon 18-Jul-05 20:24:35

HEY!!! I didn't know you were getting married - Congrats!

fishfinger Mon 18-Jul-05 20:25:22

mascara
aev you a holiday cottage

MascaraOHara Mon 18-Jul-05 20:26:53

Unfortunately not.

fishfinger Mon 18-Jul-05 20:27:35

no
<looks around for wealthy mners>

CountessDracula Mon 18-Jul-05 23:04:46

bump for flum

Flum Mon 18-Jul-05 23:07:47

awwwwww thanks.

am worried my dress is a bit daft (bit over the top)

am worried dd will be scared of me all dressed up with a veil and tarara

am worried as not very organised so will no doubt have forgotten important things.

am worried as my dad is spending lots of money and my mum wants to make us look good to hopelessly rich future parents in law. PIL are lovely and really don't care.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT THOUGH

Flum Mon 18-Jul-05 23:11:36

Hausfrau , that made me cry.

what I am liking is that a few things are making me a bit emotional. eg some music. we are having Panis Angelicus during register signing and it makes me cry when I think we will be marrie dt then. In a good way. all welled up.

not worried about honey moon at all. we had an AMAZING holiday last year in Antigua (Curtain Bluff - HIGHLY recommended) so that was a bit like a honey moon, that was when we got engaged it was perfect. best holiday I've evr had.

so don't care about honeymoon. please don't worry. I am not miserable just a bit anxcious about a few things.

Flum Mon 18-Jul-05 23:12:44

wedding 20th august.

CountessDracula Mon 18-Jul-05 23:14:23

well re forgetting things, I forgot

- to buy a handbag (only bride EVER with a selfridges mini carrier bag with her lippie in it I bet you!)

- The bridesmaids pressies

- To stop men with beards/stubble kissing me and ended up with red chin

Had best day ever though!

Glad you are ok, was just a bit worried as you kept posting sad sounding things about your wedding!

go on go on go on post a link to your dress!

Flum Mon 18-Jul-05 23:17:55

My friend said it looked like: the things you put on top of loo rolls in dodge B&Bs (where we will be on honeymoon)

it does a bit though. It is a fun dress more than a sleek, chic one. the thing is all my friends see me in sleek, chic but I just fancied a 'cinderella' dress.

it truly is a meringue.

did you see Peccarollovers pics. she looked lovely!

Flum Mon 18-Jul-05 23:20:48

OMG I've found it its a Maggie Sottero. I'm too embarrassed, It looks much better on me than in the pic. its fun and swishy, and ok for picking up toddler and travelling in a steam launch to reception

Flum Mon 18-Jul-05 23:24:55

Message withdrawn

Flum Mon 18-Jul-05 23:26:16

didn't get it from there. and bit irritated as it was much more expensive in UK

Ellbell Tue 19-Jul-05 00:13:15

Flum

You are going to look FAB... gorgeous, radiant, fun, swirly-whirly, floaty and FAB!

Sadly don't have a holiday home to offer you (I wish... I have a tent ) but hope you find something good for the honeymoon too.

Good luck with it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now