Talk

Advanced search

Beige linen mix shorts. Grass stained knees. Help!

(11 Posts)
marthamoo Sun 17-Jul-05 21:34:34

First off, anyone who says "you got pale beige shorts for a three year old?" can just bog off - he looks cute in them!

But...knees are now horribly grass-stained (they are long shorts). I mixed up a paste with Vanish powder and put that on, and they have been soaking in a solution of Vanish but stains are not shifting. What next?

Janh Sun 17-Jul-05 21:35:58

Have you tried scrubbing? Any old soap + nailbrush? It gets into the weave. Have a go

marthamoo Sun 17-Jul-05 21:37:02

You mean elbow grease? Pah - I want a miracle easy cure Will have a go though, Jan thanks.

Janh Sun 17-Jul-05 21:40:12

If either of your DSs plays cricket in the future you will have to bow to the inevitable - even Vanish won't shift ground in grass!

marthamoo Sun 17-Jul-05 21:42:53

I hope they don't play cricket - I don't understand the rules.

vickiyumyum Sun 17-Jul-05 21:42:55

always found the vanish spray good, leave it for more than the minute that it says, but don't let it dry and then put it in the washing machine on there own with two scoops of vanish powder. gets most things out and got tomato sauce out of myds1's white shorts! and grass stains out of his jeans.

Janh Sun 17-Jul-05 21:44:07

You don't need to understand the rules, darling - just make sure you have a scrubbing brush

marthamoo Sun 17-Jul-05 21:45:07

But surely I need to understand a little - I won't know who's won!

Janh Sun 17-Jul-05 21:45:43

Well quite often nobody wins - can you cope with that?

marthamoo Sun 17-Jul-05 21:48:59

Well what kind of game is that?

Janh Sun 17-Jul-05 22:16:28

OK, skip the cricket, lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now