Talk

Advanced search

How can I store digital pictures as back up?

(9 Posts)
Satine Sat 16-Jul-05 21:57:14

My computer is crammed with digital pictures of my kids and I want to have a copy of them in case of PC melt down. I've noticed that the silver stuff (yeah, so technical, I know!!) on some rewritable CDs can come off after a while so I'm not convinced they're the best long term back up bet. Is there any other way I can store all the pictures for the future? I'd be so grateful for any advice.

Yorkiegirl Sat 16-Jul-05 22:06:59

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Sat 16-Jul-05 22:09:13

You can get a gmail account (they're free) and then mail them there. Pretty much unlimited storage.

Or, we have a TeraStation at home for backups. All our computers back up overnight, and each day's backup is separate, in case we need to go back.

RTKangaMummy Sat 16-Jul-05 22:12:38

what is a gmail acc and where and how do you get one please

NotQuiteCockney Sun 17-Jul-05 07:37:50

gmail is a google email account. Like hotmail, only it doesn't suck.

I don't know whether you can just go to the website, or if you have to get a referral thingy. Go to www.gmail.com and have a look. If you need an "invitation", then send me a CAT, and I'll send you an invite.

RTKangaMummy Sun 17-Jul-05 12:08:55

NQC Have been to website but does need an invite so have sent a CAT

will be DEFFO BRILL if you could

Thanks

Satine Sun 17-Jul-05 17:34:36

Thanks so much for your replies. I hadn't thought of online storage and I've now signed up with Kodak online and have backed up all my photos there. Plus the rellies can all look and order prints if they want! Appreciate your help

NotQuiteCockney Sun 17-Jul-05 19:35:26

RTKM - sent. My email addy on gmail is a bit weird.

RTKangaMummy Sun 17-Jul-05 20:08:17

OKe doke

have received it and set it up and sent reply to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now