Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

"Prayer "no aid" to heart patients".......

(1 Post)
QueenOfQuotes Fri 15-Jul-05 15:59:56

Sorry wasn't sure where to put this, it's 'health', 'religious' and 'in the news' related.

here

Now I'm religious, and my understanding of 'prayer' is that just because you pray for restoring of full health doesn't it mean it acutally happens. God doesn't answer prayers in the way we would often 'expect' him to.

This quote "If we want to understand the role of human capacities and resources in the midst of our most advanced medical technologies, we have to do good science."

Made me smile.........this isn't about 'human' capacities if we're talking about prayer, I know that Christians certainly don't see prayer as something which Humans actually have an influence in answering, can't answer for Buddist, Muslim and Jewish - but I should imagine they all pray to a 'non human' God for healing.

I don't think Ivan Noble was a Christian (not that I remember from his writing) but although (despite probably 1000's of prayers for him) he died, I think even he ackowledged that him having a brain tumour (ok I know this study was about heart surgey - but same principle IMO) and writing the diary he was helping other people through their struggles. Obviously it would have been 'nice' (for want of a better word) for him to a) never had a brain tumour, or at least b) to have recovered, but at the same time he was able to help others.........ok maybe I'm going off on a tangent - but I hope you see what I mean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now