Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for a honeymoon with a 10 month old? Something fairly budget.....

(16 Posts)
beansprout Thu 14-Jul-05 21:30:01

TIA

Surfermum Thu 14-Jul-05 21:38:25

What time of year? This country or abroad?

lucy5 Thu 14-Jul-05 21:40:10

I had my honeymoon before my wedding and took dd then aged 6 months with us. We rented a gite in France through brittany ferries. Not very exotic but it was cheap and cheerful and we easily kept to dds routine, brought toys, paddling pool etc with us. Had lovely day trips and lovely bbqs in the evening.

beansprout Thu 14-Jul-05 22:15:46

Will be this September (leaving it a bit late...). Was thinking self catering as it would be easy in one sense, but then we just take the whole show somewhere else and I'm not sure if that feels very "special" somehow...?

Lucy - I've just been off looking at that sort of thing!! Glad you had a good time

beansprout Thu 14-Jul-05 22:16:08

Sorry, SM, we were thinking abroad.

Frizbe Thu 14-Jul-05 22:39:48

We honeymooned at Disney with a 16mth old and a virtually 7 year old! Disney n MGM were fine for both ages, but avoid universal with bubbas.

Frizbe Thu 14-Jul-05 22:40:27

Oh sorry just spotted the budget bit! argh! we definately blew ours!
Erm how about Greece?

Tommy Thu 14-Jul-05 22:49:59

friend of mine recently did honeymoon with daughter in a cottage in Cornwall - on an estate with lots of cottages and a pool and everything. Could find out where exactly?

beansprout Thu 14-Jul-05 22:51:14

Sounds nice - thanks Tommy, would like to know where that is.

Have also been looking at France, Italy, Greece.
Can anyone recommend any good websites. This surfing malarky is hard work!! Phew!

Aimsmum Thu 14-Jul-05 22:56:20

Message withdrawn

lucy5 Thu 14-Jul-05 23:08:44

I have found the best website for searching flights /link{http://www.skyscanner.net/this} it searches all available flights and comes up with the cheapest.

The gite thing wasnt really honeymoonish but can it be with a little one, I think you should choose something that allows you and dh to have as much time together as poss, so thinking along the lines of self catering is good.

lucy5 Thu 14-Jul-05 23:09:16

sorry tried to link but couldnt do it.

Surfermum Thu 14-Jul-05 23:20:55

We spent part of our honeymoon here in Cornwall. It sounds similar to where Tommy's friend went. We loved it and had views of the sea from every room including the loo and shower! We had the pool and jacuzzi to ourselves every night - although we did go after the October half-term, so it was quiet.

WestCountryLass Fri 15-Jul-05 11:20:59

I think 10 month olds are fairly transportable and will enjoy a change of scenery no matter where you choose.

Paris?
Madrid?
Barcelona?
Florence?

Can all be done quite cheaply if you shop around for flights and hotels.

Good luck and have a fab time!

florenceuk Fri 15-Jul-05 11:58:25

Hey Beansprout hello - how are you and DS? Hope he is feeling better now. Can't really help on honeymoon front, for mine I went to Nepal and did a trek! Having said that I do know somebody who went to India when their baby was 3mths - he was a real hit as was very blond and cute.

jackeroo Fri 15-Jul-05 13:43:17

i'd go for rome or somewhere else in italy. we went to rome a few months ago when DS was 10 months and it was incredibly baby friendly (he was whisked away by waiters in restaurants and we had a lovely break at times...) and it's a very romantic place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now