Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chris Morris

(9 Posts)
monkeytrousers Thu 14-Jul-05 20:19:29

If anyone knows anyone who knows Chris Morris (if you know him you'll know who I mean) ask him if he's be prepared to give a student an email interview for her dissertation next year?.

<<tumbleweed>>

spidermama Thu 14-Jul-05 20:21:24

I sort of knew him a bit when he worked at GLR but he wouldn;t have a clue who I am nowadays. Crying shame. The man's a genius.

monkeytrousers Thu 14-Jul-05 20:26:40

Thanks anyway Spidy. Don't have to do my diss until next year. Will keep bumping in vain hope..

monkeytrousers Fri 15-Jul-05 13:55:27

What were you doing at GLR, by the way? Sorry, couldn't ask last night as dp was having a hissy fit about me spending too much time on the pc

spidermama Sat 16-Jul-05 00:04:03

I was a journalist and presenter. I loved it and miss it a bit. I found I was doing two things badly (mothering and career) and I had to give up one to do the other well.

monkeytrousers Sat 16-Jul-05 08:47:37

Bloody typical isn't it? You going to go back? It can be difficult in that kind of industry. I was an actor and cos I've taken a few years out to do a degree too I'm so past it!

spidermama Sat 16-Jul-05 20:26:30

Not ideal parenting professions. Sometimes I can see the appeal of an office or a school for earning your keep. I trained as an actor and my dh is an actor.

I went for my first ever audition to play The Chicken (fabulous cameo dahling!) at the Bolton Octagon. Thought it would be a formality for my Equity card. Failed. Gutted! I decided it probably wasn't the career for me.

monkeytrousers Sun 17-Jul-05 07:54:35

Just had a friend around yesterday who by all accounts is a hugely successful actor and he was talking about having an audition to act alongside Jonny Lee Miller and how he really hoped he got the part. It was just so sad for such a talented guy to be scrapping about for bit parts like that. I mean, Jonny Lee Miller???!!! He also had a part in Vera Drake but Mike Leigh decided not to follow that thread in the final cut.

monkeytrousers Mon 18-Jul-05 08:44:52

Hope you're not married to Jonny Lee Miller, Spidey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now