Talk

Advanced search

Hello folks.. last post from me before The Race,,

(22 Posts)
SleepyJess Thu 14-Jul-05 11:16:58

..unless DH gets his arse into gear and gets us back online before the weekend! (Am still in the library.. sigh!)

So.. just wanted to say thank you SO much for the sponsors of the last few days.. YOU GUYS ARE SO FANTASTIC! I have a guarateed £300 to give to Cancer Research UK and I am so thrilled!!

So this is just a final link.. please bump for me if you don't mind.. and to anyone who is fed up with hearing about this damn race (because frankly, I wouldn't blame you.. and I know it's nothing amazing because lots of people have done/are doing it.. and I will probably WALK a fair amount of it because I have asthma).. it's on Sunday so I will not be banging on it about it after this date I promise... except to thank you all!!

Here's the link SJ's RaceForLife Link One Final Time!

Bye for now.. hope to back with you all soon... bloody computers!!

SJ xx

Bethron Thu 14-Jul-05 11:21:32

Message withdrawn

Ellbell Thu 14-Jul-05 12:51:56

Bump for SJ. Good luck honey!

Bethron Thu 14-Jul-05 14:30:41

Message withdrawn

SleepyJess Thu 14-Jul-05 19:31:51

I'm BACK!!! Bump bump bumpety thud!! And I'm not in the library being glared at by foreign students either.. I am back on my OWN PC cussing out my new Windows XP!

primandproper Thu 14-Jul-05 19:34:28

well done sj me and the ducks are proud of you dont forget to get a bowl to soak your feet in

JoolsToo Thu 14-Jul-05 19:35:11

oh forgot all about it - good luck - hope it cools down a bit

almostanangel Thu 14-Jul-05 19:48:44

[wave wave]

angelp Thu 14-Jul-05 19:51:55

Are you doing it in Southampton? I am .........

SleepyJess Thu 14-Jul-05 21:49:33

Oooh another angel!!! No... Herne bay...

Ellbell Fri 15-Jul-05 22:59:37

Bumpity bump for Sleepy Jess.

You go girl!

SleepyJess Sat 16-Jul-05 20:12:33

It's tomorrow! Just filled out the details I am wearing on my back.. I am running in celebration of the life of Tommy.. my friend Lou's little five year old who has been in remission for the last 20 months from liver cancer.

Am looking forward to it.. just wish I was fit enough to be in with a chance of winning it.. but am proud to be in it anyway!

Yay to everyone who has competed in a Race For Life.. has yet to compete.. or who has sponsored anyone else!

And I lied about the final link to my sponsorship page.. .. here it is one absolutely final time.. thank you all LOADS!

SJ's RaceForLife Sponsorship Page Online

SJ xx

jampots Sat 16-Jul-05 20:14:02

my friend just did hers this afternoon in Sutton Park. She was very choked by the emotion of it all but made sure she ran over the finish line

Good luck SJ

jampots Sat 16-Jul-05 20:14:52

SJ - you are very glam!

SleepyJess Sat 16-Jul-05 20:16:54

Oh Jampots... you are very kind! But alas, I look like a bag of sh* these days! (That photo is a couple of years old.. I am now older, fatter and more knackered!! )

Still.. you just watch this bag of sh*te stagger over the finish line! And a clap on the back to your friend!

SJ x

almostanangel Sat 16-Jul-05 21:10:48

good luck sleppy jess [[hugs]]

almostanangel Sat 16-Jul-05 21:11:28

sleepy even!!and well done on how much you raised!!

SleepyJess Sun 17-Jul-05 19:14:40

Hello!

I've done it. Completed it in 37 mins (by my watch). I even ran quite a lot of it and didn't get any asthma symtoms once, my only problem was with stitch (which I think is a sign of blatant unfit-ness lol!) and my heal rubbing on my trainer towards the end. I expected to find it harder despite it only being 5km.. because of the effort to finish as fast as we could. I may make more of an athletic-style effort next year!

The atmosphere was great - so many people lining the streets and a real crowd at the finish line!

I am still wearing my medal! (And sweaty RaceForLife tshirt, lol!)

Thanks loads to all who sponsored me/wished me good luck. I think I raised almost £350 in total. Thank goodness most of that doesn't need collecting because it's all on my online page!

You are all fab!

SJ x

Ellbell Sun 17-Jul-05 20:34:55

Well done SJ! Very proud!

Jampots... she is glam!

almostanangel Mon 18-Jul-05 09:04:36

well done sj!! how you feeling??

Gizmo Mon 18-Jul-05 11:24:12

Oh well done, SleepyJess .

Hang your medal somewhere prominent: and think how good it will look when you have a matching pair!

SleepyJess Mon 18-Jul-05 16:13:22

Thank you! Bit sore today Angel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now