Talk

Advanced search

I had a very very bad day at work today!

(49 Posts)
soapbox Wed 13-Jul-05 22:57:31

They changed our email Lotus notes over to an internet based platform, and there is a web filter on it which means I can't access Mumsnet anymore

It does say that if I need it for business purposes they will allow me access to it.

Anyone got any ideas why a chartered accountant in practice would need access to mumsnet for business purposes???????

hunkermunker Wed 13-Jul-05 22:58:36

Oh nooooo!

Can you ask Tech to make the url www.charteredaccountancytips.co.uk?

Pixiefish Wed 13-Jul-05 22:59:25

to check prices of goods the clients use?????

marthamoo Wed 13-Jul-05 22:59:44

I don't understand what you said (I'm a SAHM remember ?) but I got the "no Mumsnet" bit !

Chartered accountant. That's money, isn't it? Mums have money. Thus you need Mumsnet. To ask other Mums about money. QED.

soapbox Wed 13-Jul-05 23:00:23

I had thought of saying there was a City based network of mums on here that were bound to put work our way if I chatted on here long enough

Do you think they would buy that????

sallystrawberry Wed 13-Jul-05 23:01:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

marthamoo Wed 13-Jul-05 23:02:14

Or - how about - oh I am so clever: we could have a new topic... "Chartered Accountancy" For all questions related to Chartered Accounting. OK, you would probably be the only person posting on it but you could always email other MNers and prime them to post interesting accountancy dilemmas.

marthamoo Wed 13-Jul-05 23:03:16

Well I'm not City based but if I ever need a CA I'll think of you first - you could tell them that.

Dior Wed 13-Jul-05 23:03:47

Message withdrawn

marthamoo Wed 13-Jul-05 23:04:24

Well it makes sense to me.

hunkermunker Wed 13-Jul-05 23:04:40

I am in London, but don't know anything about accountancy, chartered or not (except what i learnt from watching Monty Python, which I suspect isn't an accurate representation...!).

But if I do ever work out what CAs do and why I'd need one, you're my first choice!

micha26 Wed 13-Jul-05 23:05:22

Well, slaughter me if you want, but IMO chartered accountant is not exactly a low wage job, so I think you shouldn't complain if your employer wants you to work instead of surfing mumsnet.

marthamoo Wed 13-Jul-05 23:05:29

There you go, two potential clients already.

soapbox Wed 13-Jul-05 23:05:58

Moo - there are indeed millions of accountants on this site you know!

It was awful - by 3pm I was suffering so badly that I resorted to using my Blackberry to browse MN

Only problem is that it will only open threads that are less than 100 posts or so long, and all the interesting ones are much longer than that.

It made me sick to think of all the controversy I might be missing out on!

Maybe its for the best, I'll just have to be an evening poster

Then again, maybe DH will be putting blocks on the home pc too

Dior Wed 13-Jul-05 23:06:21

Message withdrawn

soapbox Wed 13-Jul-05 23:07:15

Micha - no indeed you are right. But it always made me feel so superior to be being paid so handsomly for chatting on the internet

marthamoo Wed 13-Jul-05 23:07:16

Yes but I'm sure you're my favourite, soapbox <<<creep creep>>>

micha26 Wed 13-Jul-05 23:07:18

Sorry the for being too serious. Just forget about

marthamoo Wed 13-Jul-05 23:07:51

Yes, I surf MN and get buggerall. I demand to be paid too!

micha26 Wed 13-Jul-05 23:09:35

sopabox - sorry for the misunderstanding earlier. Got your message.

soapbox Wed 13-Jul-05 23:10:23

Moo - maybe I could pay you for asking questions, then we'd both be happy

Micha - 'tis fine - but the serious side to it all is that I will have to do some real work now! They'll be wondering what's hit them now

micha26 Wed 13-Jul-05 23:12:09

And they will wonder how educated you are (on top of your paper qualifications). Thx to mn. Hehe

CountessDracula Wed 13-Jul-05 23:37:09

it's called NETWORKING
Surely they will buy that!

marthamoo Thu 14-Jul-05 00:07:07

I love that idea, soapbox

And that is absolutely, categorically, definitely my last post for the night. It's gone midnight again!

micha26 Thu 14-Jul-05 00:08:43

Hang on - hang on. Just a couple of hours more. Will ensure a good power nap in the office - or the toilet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now