Talk

Advanced search

Silly, just need a bit of back up really...

(35 Posts)
meggymoo Wed 13-Jul-05 20:12:50

Message withdrawn

swiperfox Wed 13-Jul-05 20:17:09

I would have felt exactly the same way! I don't know if I would have had the guts to say anything though so well done you!!

Posey Wed 13-Jul-05 20:17:45

Bang out of order, her reaction not yours.
I would have done exactly the same and I probably would have ended up leaving too.
Do they not have a designated babies area where older ones are banned? If they do and rougher children come in, report them to the staff if their mums are unhelpful.
What a shame though.

meggymoo Wed 13-Jul-05 20:18:04

Message withdrawn

milward Wed 13-Jul-05 20:18:40

Have been there as well meggymoo. Some mums just dump their kids & chat without supervising them. I've seen this everytime I've been at a soft play centre. The staff don't look out for the kids so it is the parents responsibility. One place near me has a section for under 2's - but there are always bigger kids there wrecking it for the little ones. Also happens at the playpark - feel sorry that these kids are just let to run riot & that the parents just don't care.

meggymoo Wed 13-Jul-05 20:18:54

Message withdrawn

Katemum Wed 13-Jul-05 20:19:00

I get very annoyed when people take their children to play areas and refuse to supervise them. I have been known to tell other peoples children off if the parent wont do it because they are too busy enjoying their coffee morning.

meggymoo Wed 13-Jul-05 20:19:28

Message withdrawn

Mytwopenceworth Wed 13-Jul-05 20:21:05

yes, i would have done the same thing. if the kids were the same age, i leave them to sort it out between themselves, unless the violence passes a certain level! but if one is younger/weaker than the other, or is getting upset, i intervene. i let them fight it out unless it crosses that line into bullying - which from your post it sounds like it did.

apple doesnt fall very far from the tree imo, so if the kid is a nasty piece of work, why be surprised when the mum proves to be too?

you protected your son from a bully, you challenged the mum, albeit you didnt get what we would consider an appropriate response - but like i said, if she was a good and caring parent, would her child be a nasty rude brat?

you did everything you could; deep cleansing breaths and be happy your child is a nice person!!!!

meggymoo Wed 13-Jul-05 20:21:36

Message withdrawn

lockets Wed 13-Jul-05 20:23:50

Message withdrawn

meggymoo Wed 13-Jul-05 20:24:49

Message withdrawn

hercules Wed 13-Jul-05 20:27:29

I hate it when parents dont supervise their kids. I took dd to a play area once which was in a larger entertainment type place. A man and woman had about 4 kids and left them there to play whilst they sat in a seating area away from the actual play area.
The kids were running riot and banging etc into other kids so everyone else there had to supervise them. One of the kids (about 5) produced a lighter and was running around with it. Fortunately the other kids went and told their parents and about 5 minutes later one of them came and got the lighter

edam Wed 13-Jul-05 20:27:50

what an ill-behaved woman - pity her poor ds growing up with her for a role model.

lockets Wed 13-Jul-05 20:28:02

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Wed 13-Jul-05 20:29:37

Would have been tempted to whisper evil and violent things to the bully child, but then I am evil and violent

though - that parents are so stupid with their children. One boy at a soft play centre was clambering about over my friend's baby the other day (she'd taken her toddler to the loo) and very nearly treading on her hands, etc. I said "Careful, sweetheart" to him and his mum (hatchet-faced fag-happy slag - jugdemental, moi?) sneered at me "He IS being careful, OK?!" I said, lightly "OK then, we're all fine, aren't we?" and no doubt she ran off to do some shoplifting or something.

meggymoo Wed 13-Jul-05 20:32:34

Message withdrawn

meggymoo Wed 13-Jul-05 20:33:16

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Wed 13-Jul-05 20:35:08

I'd probably have said something in a jokey tone (with menacing undercurrent) like, "Oh, you do know what happens to little boys who push others, don't you? Their mummies leave them at the soft play centre and they get chased by the monsters with big teeth that come out when it's dark"

Would have served several purposes - would have ruined the mums chance of a peaceful coffee and scared the little boy into not pushing - I would hope. Can be v menacing though

Tortington Wed 13-Jul-05 20:43:18

the only difference is i would have put her lights out.

spacecadet Wed 13-Jul-05 20:49:40

god lockets how awful
meggymoo, there is nothing wrong in what you said, what a pathetic example that childs mother is setting him, obviously she was too busy gossiping, if my child behaved like that i would be mortified and would have apologised profusely, if i were in your shoes i would have said some very choice words to that women about her little brat!

meggymoo Wed 13-Jul-05 20:49:41

Message withdrawn

spacecadet Wed 13-Jul-05 20:52:25

even worse meggymoo, just goes to show you can talk with a plum in your mouth but still be a crap parent.

Tortington Wed 13-Jul-05 20:57:43

you should have said " i'm going to tell boden over you"....then put her lights out

spacecadet Wed 13-Jul-05 21:00:27

pmsl custardo, all that anger..still not smoking??!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: