Talk

Advanced search

Help - how do I clean my wedge sandals??

(11 Posts)
LouBeeLou Wed 13-Jul-05 13:33:40

I bought a lovely pair of wedge sandals from New Look – they are kind of hesian round the wedge bit with white cloth straps and white cloth lining.

Wore them loads on holiday but with taking them off on the beach and going barefoot, then wearing them again, they’ve got a bit mucky.

I’ve tried handwashing them and tried cleaning them with a scrubbing brush but I just can’t get the muck off.

What I’m wondering is if I can put them in the washing machine, has anyone tried this, or do you think they will fall apart? Or any secret Kim & Aggie type tips?

Thanks in advance x

Nbg Wed 13-Jul-05 13:34:51

Try using oxi clean. That should work.

Flamesparrow Wed 13-Jul-05 13:35:48

I'd probably chuck em in the machine... but not having tried it with those particular ones, I can't guaruntee they would survive.

TBH... its probably a case of risk it, or live with the dirty shoes.

While we're at it... anyone know if I should be putting my converse sandal flip flop things in the machine? had em a few years now and they are VERY manky!

Flamesparrow Wed 13-Jul-05 13:38:36

I think I must do that oxy stuff wrong... never seems to have much effect for me

LouBeeLou Wed 13-Jul-05 13:38:48

oxi clean? Is that the Vanish stuff?

spacedonkey Wed 13-Jul-05 13:39:42

if they've got that stringy stuff around the wedges i wouldn't put them in the washing machine - surely it would just disintegrate?

if they're plain white you could use neat bleach with a nail brush or old toothbrush?

Nbg Wed 13-Jul-05 13:40:47

You can use the vanish stuff or the plain stuff is fine. The trick with it is to make it stronger than what it says on the box.

FS, I wash my converse flippys in the machine and they were fine.

Flamesparrow Wed 13-Jul-05 13:42:07

Will blame you if they fall apart then ... they've survived a lot over the years, I think a quick wash won't harm em.

LouBeeLou Wed 13-Jul-05 13:43:40

Thanks all, I will have a stroll down Asda's cleaning aisle tonight.

Nbg Wed 13-Jul-05 13:47:30

Are they the fabric ones, FS?

Just stick them in on a 40. I'm sure they'll survive. I wash all my trainers and they've never fallen apart.

fishfinger Wed 13-Jul-05 13:50:16

bleach

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now