Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Question about waxing *blush*

(9 Posts)
wangle99 Tue 12-Jul-05 14:44:03

Can't believe I'm asking this but here goes!

Is a brazilian wax where erm 'all' the hair is taken off?

After having put a bikini on and deciding it doesn't look very impressive I'm going to book an appointment for a wax but not sure what I'm asking for!

The salon offers a bikini line wax and a brazilian wax.

Thanks

expatinscotland Tue 12-Jul-05 14:44:49

A 'Brazilian' that takes it all off is a Hollywood.

northerner Tue 12-Jul-05 14:45:57

Brazillian leaves a thin 'landing strip'
Hollywood is all off.

WigWamBam Tue 12-Jul-05 14:46:24

A Brazilian takes most of the hair off but leaves a small strip in the middle.

gingerbear Tue 12-Jul-05 14:47:25

Brazillian = Fishfinger strip left
Hollywood = All off
Belgian = Hollywood followed by waffles and cream to forget about the pain (with acknowledgements to 'Will & Grace')

wangle99 Tue 12-Jul-05 14:53:04

Think I'll have a belgian one then lol

Trying not to think of the pain!

Catsmother Tue 12-Jul-05 16:24:40

I had a Brazillian ..... once ..... and it was prior to a week in Cornwall where it bloody well rained all the time (in August) and I never even took my cossie out of the bag !

Truthfully, unless you're going to be wearing a micro-thong, a "bikini" wax is all you need for the beach. Most people who go further than that do so for "other", nearer to home reasons ! .... though the beauty therapist who did mine did keep prattling on that it was more "hygienic" all off .... would have thought that that wouldn't be an issue unless you were a grubby article who never washed.

Be warned, a Brazillian does hurt - a lot - and is also very embarrassing ...... though if a salon is offering it, they will have seen it all before (at least that's what I kept telling myself). I was asked to "trim" myself, and wear a thong on the day. You're asked to - ahem - "arrange" the thong by pulling it "up" and to one side, so that one half of you can be done, then the opposite way for the other half below, then you roll it down so they can do the "top" hair. I was on my back for this with knees akimbo. However, I have heard of places where you're asked to get on all fours and wear no knickers - however skimpy - of any description at all !!!

Like all waxing, it never gets the newish hairs which are too short so I spent ages after plucking - and that hurt quite badly too.

lou33 Tue 12-Jul-05 16:32:37

does anyone know what a sicilian is?, someone was asking the other day and it's bugging me now.

HappyDaddy Tue 12-Jul-05 17:02:12

Isn't a Sicilian where they chuck you in the river wearing concrete boots?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now