Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gift for best friend's wedding...

(8 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Mon 11-Jul-05 22:21:00

I'd like to get my best friend a small gift for her wedding day this weekend. It's her second marriage - but one that is much more special to her (last h was a git).
Any suggestions? I don't have a lot of money to spend but just want to get her something special. She has everything she needs for her big day.
TIA

janeite Tue 12-Jul-05 17:43:25

You could buy her a copy of a quality newspaper dated on the day of the wedding, plus whatever are the number on esingle and album on the wedding day and put them in a pretty box to keep. Or 4 cds - something old, something new, something borrowed (ie cover versions) and something blue (the best of Blue, or Deacon Blue or Blue Monday or something) !!

babyonboard Tue 12-Jul-05 17:48:02

what about some nice underwear for her honeymoon?

Chandra Tue 12-Jul-05 17:56:03

My best friend (who couldn't attend the wedding) organised a reunion for me where she got together all the people who had been my best friends since I was 12 yrs old. It was the best gift I have ever received.

Another friend wrote me a long lovely letter that reduced me to tears, it may have not been expensive but is still very wsignificant to me

A woman we barely knew (invited by my FIL) spent the full ceremony and reception taking photos that she pasted in an album and sent to our home after we retuned from the honey moon. Also a lovely and very personal gift

babyonboard Tue 12-Jul-05 18:14:55

oooh..reminds me of my mums favourite wedding gift, a lovely poem printed onto a picture and framed,
her friend wrote it and it was very personal and touching..perhaps you could have a go..
and if you get stuck with the creative side i bet mners will be more than happy to help

Twiglett Tue 12-Jul-05 18:16:05

Sparkler .. is this wedding in Wiltshire by any chance???

Loobie Tue 12-Jul-05 20:15:41

Agree with the photo album thing.I done this for my best friend who married my brother !!! A simple wedding album,then i got silver transfers and personalised the front of the album with their names and wedding date,took lots of pictures at the wedding,blew up a few good ones and put them in the album,leaving the rest of the space for their own photographs.It was a lovely present to come back to as they went straight on honeymoon so never saw any wedding photos before they went but had a lovely set to admire when they returned.

SPARKLER1 Wed 13-Jul-05 09:53:05

Some fantastic ideas here - thanks everyone.
Twiglett - the wedding is in Dorset. Are you going to one then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now