Talk

Advanced search

Granite upstands .. should they go all the way round kitchen or stop behind hob?

(7 Posts)
Twiglett Mon 11-Jul-05 17:23:59

OK not life and death .. but it darn well feels like it is and I need to know before Weds when he's coming to take a template

so do I put a splashback in above a granite upstand .. or not have the upstand immediately above the hob

CountessDracula Mon 11-Jul-05 17:28:17

do you have freestanding or built in hob? If built in I would have upstand, if not then not

Twiglett Mon 11-Jul-05 17:29:46

built in hob .. so the upstand should go right round worktop and hob (which is inset into the granite) and will I need a splashback above the granite upstand?? (all the walls will just be white painted plaster I hope)

Janh Mon 11-Jul-05 17:31:37

Unless your granite upstand is 3' high or your cooking never splatters you will need some kind of splashback - mine is tiled right up to the extractor and needs cleaning up to the top!

CountessDracula Mon 11-Jul-05 17:32:43

I don't have a splashback, I painted the walls with F&B flat oil paint and it just wipes clean, is great

Twiglett Mon 11-Jul-05 20:07:38

really CD .. was it oil eggshell? (I googled)

Oil Eggshell
A mid to low sheen, low odour eggshell finish. Ideal for use on interior woodwork or walls where a matt finish is desired but where the surface must be easily cleaned. Also suitable for radiators.
Coverage: up to 12 sq m per litre
Sizes: 5l, 2.5l, 750ml

and do you have to clean immediately

CountessDracula Tue 12-Jul-05 12:47:32

Yes was that
No, cleaner cleans once or twice a week (I presume, or maybe I just cook very neatly!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: