Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Granite upstands .. should they go all the way round kitchen or stop behind hob?

(7 Posts)
Twiglett Mon 11-Jul-05 17:23:59

OK not life and death .. but it darn well feels like it is and I need to know before Weds when he's coming to take a template

so do I put a splashback in above a granite upstand .. or not have the upstand immediately above the hob

CountessDracula Mon 11-Jul-05 17:28:17

do you have freestanding or built in hob? If built in I would have upstand, if not then not

Twiglett Mon 11-Jul-05 17:29:46

built in hob .. so the upstand should go right round worktop and hob (which is inset into the granite) and will I need a splashback above the granite upstand?? (all the walls will just be white painted plaster I hope)

Janh Mon 11-Jul-05 17:31:37

Unless your granite upstand is 3' high or your cooking never splatters you will need some kind of splashback - mine is tiled right up to the extractor and needs cleaning up to the top!

CountessDracula Mon 11-Jul-05 17:32:43

I don't have a splashback, I painted the walls with F&B flat oil paint and it just wipes clean, is great

Twiglett Mon 11-Jul-05 20:07:38

really CD .. was it oil eggshell? (I googled)

Oil Eggshell
A mid to low sheen, low odour eggshell finish. Ideal for use on interior woodwork or walls where a matt finish is desired but where the surface must be easily cleaned. Also suitable for radiators.
Coverage: up to 12 sq m per litre
Sizes: 5l, 2.5l, 750ml

and do you have to clean immediately

CountessDracula Tue 12-Jul-05 12:47:32

Yes was that
No, cleaner cleans once or twice a week (I presume, or maybe I just cook very neatly!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now