Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help, or is someone else suffering similar????

(12 Posts)
MrsBubsDeVere Mon 11-Jul-05 16:37:32

I don't really know which category to put this in, it was either sleep or health, so I chose this.

For the last few days I have really really struggled to keep y my eyes open when it gets to about 2pm, I'm finding it more and more difficult to stay awake and if I stand up I am so tired I feel dizzy, I sleep well on a night and more often than not get 8hours sleep so this really seems unusual. Its so bad i've dropped off whilst doing something (luckily sat down) and have had to be woken by dd2, if she hadn't have woken me then I would have been late to collect dd1.

I have been feeling down lately and we are in the middle of a heatwave here but no other symptoms.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

NomDePlume Mon 11-Jul-05 16:38:13

viral infection ? They can really take it out of you.

anchovies Mon 11-Jul-05 16:39:03

Maybe you're slightly anaemic? Blood test maybe?

MrsBubsDeVere Mon 11-Jul-05 16:40:56

Like I say, I don't have any other symptoms, but seem sooooooooooooooooooooooooo worn out, I am working all day tomorrow and really dreading it, I could very very easily go to bed, I didn't think of either a virus or anaemia, though I am always borderline anaemic after each totm but the doctor hasn't given me any treatment.

almostanangel Mon 11-Jul-05 16:40:57

thryoid??

tortoiseshell Mon 11-Jul-05 16:49:49

Could it be an insulin related thing? Low blood sugar? My ds gets really really grumpy at 3.00, (I can tell the time by him!) and unless I give him something to eat quickly he is just awful. Dh is the same - gets really grouchy and tired mid afternoon.

Flamesparrow Mon 11-Jul-05 16:54:16

I go shakey if my sugar drops too low, and very tired (again, at about 2pm/3pm).

I also get exhausted and dizzy if my iron is too low - and very down.

If you don't fancy a trip to the doctors, you could try taking some iron and making sure you have enough food at that time of day, and see if it makes a difference?

WigWamBam Mon 11-Jul-05 16:55:51

Could be an underactive thyroid.

Nbg Mon 11-Jul-05 16:56:48

Vitamin B6 is good for this.

I remember going through a similar thing and this was reccomended to me. It took a couple of weeks for me to feel a bit better but they definatley worked.

vkone Mon 11-Jul-05 17:13:12

I would definitely second the iron and make sure you eat every two to three hours (pref. something with protein in rather than just carbs). I have chronic fatigue and find if I miss out on regular snacks I'm a basketcase - my worst time is 5 ish tho.

Also can you take a 20 min nap during the day? It's amazing how refreshing this can be.

trace2 Mon 11-Jul-05 17:35:03

could you be pg

Flamesparrow Mon 11-Jul-05 17:36:06

That's another mighty fine suggestion... I'm like that most days, and I'm 7 weeks pregnant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now