Talk

Advanced search

as a new mother

(12 Posts)
compo Mon 11-Jul-05 14:54:17

what was the best present you received?

dizzydo Mon 11-Jul-05 15:02:00

A Wilkinet baby sling from my lovely MIL who was aware of how upset I was about my DD1 who never stopped crying and wouldnt let me get on with anything else. Sadly, it didn't really work but I was so touched by her thoughtfulness.

Listmaker Mon 11-Jul-05 15:07:33

My dd was given upteen teddies etc so when I saw another pink teddy I wasn't overly chuffed but 7 years later she LOVES that thing and sleeps with it every night so that must be one of the things from when she was a baby that has lasted!

But the baby record books were good as well - something to keep forever and the ones I used (did get a few!) held lots of details and room for photos etc and my dds love reading them.

TrophyWife Mon 11-Jul-05 15:24:31

my dh broung me a digital camera
and my FIL gave us a recorded number £5 note and coin with the presentation box.

BeachedWhale Mon 11-Jul-05 15:32:00

Was ill and stuck in hospital in a ward full of very old ladies for nearly a month after the DT's were born. DH bought me a little radio and headphones. It kept me in touch with the outside world and drowned out the patients groaning and snoring in the beds all around me. A friend smuggled miniature bottles of gin and tonics into my bedside locker but felt too ill to drink them.

fishfinger Mon 11-Jul-05 15:34:49

champagne

koalabear Mon 11-Jul-05 16:00:06

conversation without advice - was a pleasure not to be told what to do (for once)

beansontoast Mon 11-Jul-05 16:05:03

my MIL !!!!
she came,she cooked [filled my freezer with soup and rolls]she wept with joy then left.

Nbg Mon 11-Jul-05 16:12:05

My MIL turned up at the hospital with a huge chocolate cake covered in cadburys flakes. This was very well received as the food was utter rubbish.

My mum brought me a load of new facial stuff like cleansers, toners, moisturiser etc. She then helped me in to a shower and I pampered myself with all my new smellys while dd was getting passed round everyone!

Also the baby record book and a keepsake box. They're both full already!

babyonboard Mon 11-Jul-05 16:13:23

i gave my sister a bag full of m & s ready meals, a really posh leather photo album to record special baby pics in, and a pampering gift bag from boots, she was delighted!

nightowl Tue 12-Jul-05 03:15:31

all my friends and family visiting me at the hospital because they knew her father wouldnt be there.

bobbybob Tue 12-Jul-05 03:24:25

A huge chocolate eclair every day I was in hospital from my mum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now