Talk

Advanced search

Tummy Tuck anyone had one ? or is it a NO NO

(8 Posts)
Kidstrack2 Mon 11-Jul-05 12:02:08

I have recently been seriously considering a tummy tuck, I have done a bit of research into it and my Doctor said he would refer me to a local private clinic and it would cost about 2-3k. When I had my ds I just automatically thought my tummy would go back to normal, but not in my case. After 6 yrs of constant excercise and trying to tone my stomach I have a huge overhang of skin with many stretch marks. The stretch marks don't bother me in the slightest, they have faded quite a bit and my sister has them as well as my mum and my gran, we all have them quite bad to be honest and I sort of knew I would get them but I still slapped on the Bio Oil twice a day during both pregnancies but to no avail I still got them. Before I conceived my ds I was a toned size 10 and now although I am still a size 10 I have this huge overhang of skin that I sort of tuck into jeans and cover with longer tops. I am marrying in Cyprus next year and my only concern is that I want to feel comfortable and confident in what I will be wearing, I have never been one for showing off my body in bikini's etc but still I feel maybe I could be a bit more daring if I had the operation, I def don't want to be in Cyprus and covering myself up just incase anyone see's my disgusting stomach. I am 23 with 2 kids.

aloha Mon 11-Jul-05 12:19:37

do you want any more children? You really don't want to have a tummy tuck if there is a chance (and you are horribly young )
I haven't had one but have interviewed women who have and it is a big op and I would only have it done by a very good and highly experienced surgeon. The recovery is quite hard for many as you feel very stretched and tight. There is also a long scar but this is done very low so you can still wear a bikini etc. I do remember interviewing a woman of your age who was also very small and got very stretched in pregnancy and she was absolutely thrilled with the result, however you should be realistic that this is a big op and not for you if you want more children - not because it would be dangerous, more that it would undo all the surgeon's work!

Kidstrack2 Mon 11-Jul-05 12:36:30

That is at the moment a thought to consider, my dp doesn't want anymore children and I have been advised not to have anymore as I have a back problem, I think if I wasn't bothered by severe pain in my back I would have more children but for the moment there are no more children in our plans. What happens if a woman falls pregnant after thay have had this sort of operation? Or has it not happened!

jampots Mon 11-Jul-05 13:08:37

there are a few sympathetic surgeons around who do them on NHS!

golds Mon 11-Jul-05 13:14:15

I worked in a Gynae ward once and one woman who was in for a hysterectomy requestion one while she was under and the consultant did it for her. Didn't work for me when I asked the same recently I would love to have one and I need one.

nutcracker Mon 11-Jul-05 13:38:10

They will usually only do them on the NHS if you have lost alot of weight and had sections.

A mum at the school is getting hers done on the NHS for those reasons.

I want one, have had the sections but not the weight loss.

Kidstrack2 Mon 11-Jul-05 13:39:57

Jampots because I am not suffering enough i.e I,m not depressed or totally unhappy with my body the Doctor said he couldn't put me forward on the Nhs as there are more deserving people that suffer with depression etc

Kidstrack2 Mon 11-Jul-05 13:42:01

Yeah I have had a c-section but its a pretty good scar. Just a shame they didn't match my stretch marks up when stitching me back up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now