Talk

Advanced search

i am turnign into a nightmare mother. please help.

(28 Posts)
giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 12:49:10

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 12:49:46

Message withdrawn

snafu Sat 09-Jul-05 12:53:31

Yep, know what you mean. Feel as taut as a violin string this morning. I have been into town but was very snappy, teary and felt rather claustrophobic - not like me at all!

Think I have overdosed on the news a bit, apart from other things...

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 12:55:40

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Sat 09-Jul-05 12:56:49

Pmt? I've just browsed The Guardian online and it made me cry, what happened on Thursday was very sobering and tragic. Cowardly I know, but I won't be reading any more news.

Nemo1977 Sat 09-Jul-05 12:57:25

i think a lot of people are on edge and finding it hard to function as such..i am in nw and am the same..generally cant be ars*d at all. GOt a pile of laundry etc and have just been letting ds get on with whatever takes his fancy

PinotGirl Sat 09-Jul-05 13:02:07

I understand where you're coming from. I've found the news so distressing. Just can't bring myself to read it anymore. One off ex-dp's cousins was injured and is in hospital. I only met him once but hard to imagine someone I know being caught up in it. I only found out this morning when dd's dad called to tell me she had nits (nice huh?).

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 13:08:04

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 13:08:25

Message withdrawn

snafu Sat 09-Jul-05 13:10:20

Oooh, what flavour?

compo Sat 09-Jul-05 13:10:57

definitely sounds like PMT after the ice cream incident!

sobernow Sat 09-Jul-05 13:15:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 13:19:13

Message withdrawn

jabberwocky Sat 09-Jul-05 13:29:05

It may be post trauma from the bombings. Even though I live far away from NYC everyone felt jittery after 9/11. It really makes you feel vulnerable and hence, angry, frustrated, and scared.

Of course, it could also just be bad PMS...

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 13:31:22

Message withdrawn

Blu Sat 09-Jul-05 14:44:38

I felt like this foir ages, then realised I had a low level of depression. Quite agressive, within myself.

Do you think this could be the case?

I feel like it on and off quite a bit, really - and then feel guilty for snapping at DS - or sort of 'fobbing him off' - you know the response that keeps them quiet but doesn't really engage? I hate being clambered all over when it hurts. It raises quite violent fantasies in my mind

TinyGang Sat 09-Jul-05 14:52:54

Sympathies - I get like this too sometimes.

I think it's ok to realise that although the demands of parenting are relentless, sometimes you cannot be relentlessly parenting iyswim - let it slide a bit sometimes. I can get snappy too - any chance of some down time for you and a couple of little treats?

The news isn't helping - can push you over a bit. Didn't people on here say they felt a bit the same after the Tsunami at Christmas? Trying mentally to process it all.

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 15:23:35

Message withdrawn

Blu Sat 09-Jul-05 15:31:31

giraffeski - sorry, didn't know about your previous history with depresssion.

It does sound as if you could be suffering from simple stress, and that given you history, you then worry about depression, thereby adding to your stress.

What helps you de-stress? With me it's time alone - really alone - or excercise.

Buut do remember that it is completely normal to feel overwhelmed and in a bad mood sometimes, horrible though it is.

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 15:43:37

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 16:38:20

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 17:40:17

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 18:02:45

Message withdrawn

Mytwopenceworth Sat 09-Jul-05 18:28:45

yes, it does. you do sound low. i know i have a lot less patience with my lot when im feeling down, its only human (and your dd sounds just like my lads!!!). you sound like you have good insight into what might be up, you certainly have a lot going on! i am sure your parents will be eager to spend time with your little one, having not seen her for a bit, so take the opportunity to relax and rest. take care xx

giraffeski Sat 09-Jul-05 18:31:58

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: