Talk

Advanced search

Anyone sell on Ebay as a job?

(11 Posts)
charliecat Fri 08-Jul-05 22:44:07

Where do you get your stuff from? Is it worth it?

swiperfox Fri 08-Jul-05 22:48:46

I am seriously thinknig about doig it. Someone posted the other day that they know someone who makes around 200.00 a month selling designer stuff that they pick up from charity shops!

Aimsmum Fri 08-Jul-05 22:49:43

Message withdrawn

charliecat Fri 08-Jul-05 22:49:56

been there done that, think ive brought all the decent stuff now left now in the shops...looking at catlogue returns...or something, but have no idea where to start. Skint though. need to do something.

Whizzz Fri 08-Jul-05 22:50:13

I had a friend that seemed to make quite a bit of money but it wasn't really her 'job' more of a hobby. She just used to trawl round sales & pick up stuff to sell. You just have to be super-organised, have the room to store it all & the patience to wrap it all up to post off etc. I'm not sure how much she made but it seemed very time consuming

Nbg Fri 08-Jul-05 22:50:26

Dh and I were thinking of doing the same thing the other day.
I have been looking around at clothing wholesalers to see how much they charge for stuff as I know there is a lady in our village who has her own shop and makes a mint and pays cheap prices for the clothes she buys.

charliecat Sat 09-Jul-05 08:55:19

can anyone buy from a wholesalers?

Nbg Sat 09-Jul-05 09:01:55

I'm not sure tbh.

I might try doing the Primark thing. That seems to work well for alot of people.

anteater Sat 09-Jul-05 09:15:57

you will only make good money - i.e. make the whole exercise worthwhile, if you sell designer clothes - adult stuff is very hard to find but you can occasionally get kids stuff in charity shops - boden, monsoon, jigsaw, diesel and especially oilily sell well. You can often find new designer kids stuff at TK Maxx - buy it for your own kid then sell it when they've grown out of it - and occasionally even make a profit !

Nbg Sat 09-Jul-05 09:17:48

I've no chance of finding designer stuff in Barnsley!!!

anteater Sat 09-Jul-05 09:19:38

Or even just buy the designer stuff for your kids that you like - on ebay - then sell it again when its too small - I've often made a profit doing this. The most important thing is the PICTURE - a clear good quality photo, preferably several, an accurate description and fair postage costs will ensure that lots of people bid - take a look at what is already selling and see which listings tempt you and which you can't be bothered with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now