Talk

Advanced search

Feeing really anxious/nervous

(15 Posts)
MugTreeSpoonFace Fri 08-Jul-05 19:36:38

And I don't for the life of me know why!

I feel really really worried/anxious/nervous. My hands are shaking, my neck feels tense my stomach is in a knot and I have absolutly no idea why! it's horrible

starlover Fri 08-Jul-05 19:37:52

could be a panic attack...

breathe slowly and deeply. cose your eyes if you want... just focus on breathing in and out... and think nice things

dizzymama Fri 08-Jul-05 19:38:13

Had a bad day? Are you tired? Have a glass of wine?

beansprout Fri 08-Jul-05 19:39:10

Where are you? Reaction to yesterday? I have felt v anxious on and off today.

dizzymama Fri 08-Jul-05 19:39:31

OK Sl's advice is probably better for you than mine! I have this MTSF on ocassion, find the breathing (and the wine!) helps as does trying to focus on what may be worrying upsetting me...

trefusis Fri 08-Jul-05 19:40:24

Message withdrawn

MugTreeSpoonFace Fri 08-Jul-05 19:40:59

Never had a panic attack before but imagine they would be much more definite than this.

Not had a bad day, there's absolutely nothing I can think of to trigger this.

It's like the nervousness you get before a really big event.. wedding, important job interview, speech in front a large number of people. That kind of feeling. Tried to lie down but head is pounding

dizzymama Fri 08-Jul-05 19:41:58

My panic attacks aren't huge, I feel like omeone is gripping my throatand yes, that job interviewfeeling.

trefusis Fri 08-Jul-05 19:43:28

Message withdrawn

MugTreeSpoonFace Fri 08-Jul-05 19:44:44

Really? I always imagined them being some huge event - not being able to breathe etc

I feel like I did the day I thought dp and I were over for good - it's that shocked, unable to speak/cry feeling just numb sick feeling.

dizzymama Fri 08-Jul-05 19:46:33

Yep those are mine MTSF! I didn't think that was what it was either till dr told me. Darkened room helps too sometimes.

MugTreeSpoonFace Fri 08-Jul-05 19:58:40

Sorry just had to go to the loo iykwim (sorry if tmi) but it's all that kind of feeling

I've been exhausted all week (have overslept every day) I realised the other day I'd only had about 3 days off work all year so I'm looking forward to a week off in August.

Hopefully it's just a one off as I'm a bit run down and tired.

I didn't realise this sort of feeling would be a panic attack. It's not very nice - do you get them often?

MugTreeSpoonFace Fri 08-Jul-05 20:00:32

I'm going to go and have a bit of a lie down. thanks guys x

Hulababy Fri 08-Jul-05 20:00:45

I get the nervous/anxious feeling too. I now know that they occur when my heart is going to fast or I am having palpatations. They are not panic attacks as such for me. I have tachycardia (fast heart rate) and it is that that causes it.

MugTreeSpoonFace Sat 09-Jul-05 21:48:55

Just wanted to say thanks. Felt fine again this morning.

Had a massive row with dp in the middle of the night and locked him out. As a result I ended up taking dd on an impromptu trip to the seaside, it was her first ever visit to the seaside but we both had a really fab day. Very tired now though.

Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: