Talk

Advanced search

so so so so so so tired. Can I.....

(10 Posts)
Mytwopenceworth Fri 08-Jul-05 14:23:16

go to sleep in the rocking chair and leave my kids to watch tv with me there snoring my head off? or do you get slapped round the head for that these days?

hunkermunker Fri 08-Jul-05 14:23:51

Do it. Unless they're likely to set fire to things.

NomDePlume Fri 08-Jul-05 14:24:12

Go to sleep, it's allowed

QueenOfQuotes Fri 08-Jul-05 14:25:41

Yep sleep - as long as there's nothing they could do 'silently' (like HM says set fire to the place) you'll soon wake up if they start fighting.

I often have a nap in the recliner chair in the living room while the boys are tra......sorry playing

Mytwopenceworth Fri 08-Jul-05 14:30:22

yes, think i will. all doors are locked tight so no escapees. house is already as bad as it can get, barring gas explosion or meteorite strike, so im past caring on that score. i might wake up with my face painted green, but i can handle that (will call doctor and get him to admit me to hosp for few days welll-deserved rest!!)

spidermama Fri 08-Jul-05 14:30:46

Needs must Mytwopen'th.

nutcracker Fri 08-Jul-05 14:30:54

and if they keep trying to wake you for no reason, say you have a headache

QueenOfQuotes Fri 08-Jul-05 14:32:27

I always say it's better for you to nap in the chair while they trash the living room than to force yourself to stay awake and be in a cr*p mood

Blu Fri 08-Jul-05 14:35:10

Hmmm, I don't know - your snoring could RUIN their enjoyment of the TV

tiredemma Fri 08-Jul-05 14:37:16

I know for a fact that DP has a snooze while im at work on a weekend, occasionly i phone to check everything is ok and ds1 answers saying daddy is "busy at the moment"

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: