Talk

Advanced search

1940s fancy dress

(10 Posts)
TwinSetAndPearls Thu 07-Jul-05 15:44:02

feel a bit crass asking advice on something so trivial but any ideas for 1940s fancy dress for a three year old that can put together at home in a few days.

Have spoken to dd and she wants to be an evacuee or as she put it a girl with no mummy or daddy - not sure how I should take that! What woud she wear?

Iklboo Thu 07-Jul-05 16:07:09

Dress or skirt & jumper a size or two too big, Clarks type shoes, white knee socks, trench or duffle type coat. Hair in 'bunches' - cardboard box on a piece of string as a gas mask. I think.

PeachyClair Thu 07-Jul-05 19:52:45

I asked my rainbows to do this for Monday had no idea how difficult it would be, feel mean now!

I have suggested a grey pinafore and plaits, straw hat if poss.

KatyMac Thu 07-Jul-05 19:53:41

and a luggae label with her name and age on it

Whizzz Thu 07-Jul-05 19:54:20

And a tag with her name on !

mafalda1 Thu 07-Jul-05 20:16:17

Hi there I have just gone through the same with ds. If you have a printer you could print a copy of the original identity card that all children used when been evacuated. If you want a copy, cat me and i will send it to you, Another thing that you can do is paint a small box brown and add some string for the handles and just write the childs name on. It should not take you long to do. I did this for my ds and he won a prize for looking authenthic. Good luck.

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 08-Jul-05 11:27:18

what great ideas, was about to give up and just put her nurses outfit on!

Wil cat you mafalda for identity card.

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 08-Jul-05 17:36:38

Have been to town and bought a navy pillar box hat with a feather which matches a navy polka dot smocked dress she has already. Also managed to get a little navy suitcase to complete her evacuee outfit. Wil make luggage tag and ID card tonight.

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 08-Jul-05 18:14:00

thankyou for the email maflada1.

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 08-Jul-05 22:41:13

Right outfit complete with suitcase, dress and id card now help me choose which hat

I am torn between the blue beret and the red hat, I like the blue and white one butit is too big for her head!

Choices are here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now