loader

Talk

Advanced search

siblings with birthdays in the same week

(37 Posts)
Hausfrau Wed 06-Jul-05 22:23:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spidermama Wed 06-Jul-05 22:25:56

DS2 and DS4 are on 22nd and 28th of January. DS2 is a month later. It's a bit manic isn't it?

Hausfrau Wed 06-Jul-05 22:26:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

colinsmommy Wed 06-Jul-05 22:32:45

What do you do when they both have a birthday the same week? Do you do one or 2 parties? Just wondering. DS will be 2 on August 18th, and I was due on that day, but then it was moved back, but I am measuring large, so they might try to induce me really close to DS's birthday. I know it is strange, but I'm really worried about having 2 birthdays so close together and making sure they both are given special attention and nobody feels snubbed.

And BTW, don't know if it is that uncommon. DH's birthday is only a few weeks later in September. And my sister and I are 17 years and 2 days apart, and she would have been born on my B-day, but my mom was so sick that they held off inducing her for 2 days.

Angeliz Wed 06-Jul-05 22:34:04

dd1 is Feb25th and dd2 is Feb22nd.
DD2 was due on dd1's 4th Birthday

kama Wed 06-Jul-05 22:35:43

Message withdrawn

marthamoo Wed 06-Jul-05 22:37:33

My birthday is the 2nd October, and my brother's is the 5th (3 years apart, he's younger). When he was little, he was allowed to open one of his presents on my birthday - just to tide him over (he's 32 now and can just about cope with the waiting!). We often had joint birthday parties - I remember one year when Mum made a cake like a clock and the big hand pointed to my age and the little hand pointed to db's age.

(You do know that when your kids are old enough to understand they will joke that you only sh*gged once a year ?)

kama Wed 06-Jul-05 22:39:02

Message withdrawn

marthamoo Wed 06-Jul-05 22:39:09

X-posted Kama - I guess whatever you choose to do probably works - no festering resentment here anyway

marthamoo Wed 06-Jul-05 22:39:30

New Year here!!!

Janh Wed 06-Jul-05 22:43:08

My DDs are like that but the elder comes first - DD1 on Apr 1, DD2 on Apr 5, 3 years apart like your boys, hausfrau. Each of them tended to have a non-birthday pres when small to ease the pain (not necessary when their birthdays are weeks/months apart but waiting a couple of days is agony!)

They had several joint parties when they were at primary school and, best of all, a joint 18th/21st!

marthamoo Wed 06-Jul-05 22:44:49

So did you only sh*g once a year, Janh ? (I can't ask my Mum!)

Janh Wed 06-Jul-05 22:48:16

Oh yes, moo - on the hot day in July

marthamoo Wed 06-Jul-05 22:49:40

So now I know.

janeybops Wed 06-Jul-05 23:01:28

my cousins have the same birthday, brother and sister, just 10 years apart! Another cousin has a birthdya the day before theirs. oh and his brother has his birthdya the day before mine....

swedishmum Wed 06-Jul-05 23:10:41

ds was born 8 days before dd2's 1st birthday. Winter is mad for us - they are both at the end of November, dd1 is 6 days before Christmas and baby dd is 14th Jan. They are now 11, 9, 8 and 1. By my birthday in Feb everyone is broke and partied out...
They have separate parties - boys at 8 seem much younger than girls at 9!

lilsmum Wed 06-Jul-05 23:12:00

my sis-in-laws friend was due with her ds on 29th sept and due with her dd on 10th nov, they share the same birthday 7th nov!! how weird is that? lol

lilsmum Wed 06-Jul-05 23:12:28

forgot to add her ds is 8yo and her dd is 3yo

Janh Wed 06-Jul-05 23:13:46

I hope you mean 29th Oct, not Sept, lilsmum

lemonice Wed 06-Jul-05 23:23:12

my sister's birthday is the same as mine 6 years apart (30 may) She is 6 year's older than me but i am more important, obviously.

Apparently I was once and once only her birthday present

We are both gemini!! So she is my other half.

It never occurred to me any conflict over the day, but she was so precious over her 21st birthday that she couldn't decide waht she wanted and ended uo after years of dleiberation getting..

nothing!

I learned from that mistake...

We always used to get each other something nice though with vested interest!

zaphod Thu 07-Jul-05 00:20:44

ds2 will be 8 on the 25th of July and ds 4 will be 2 on the 24th. Because ds4 as overdue, they wanted to induce me and the only reason i agreed was so I wouldn't end up having him on ds2's birthday.

My theory is that people tend to have their children at the same time or times of the year. For example, 2 of mine are April, one March and 2 in July. And one that miscarried due in April also.

ThePrisoner Thu 07-Jul-05 00:39:21

I've got twins and, funnily enough, they were born on the same day ... from when they were old enough to understand birthdays/parties, we had separate parties for them (even if the same children came to both!! which probably annoyed the hell out of their parents)

When they were younger, we would have one in the morning and another in the afternoon. When they were older, they elected when they wanted a party. People thought we were absolutely barmy, but it was important to me that they didn't have to share everything (having the same mother is enough of a problem for them)

berolina Thu 07-Jul-05 01:22:37

(hijack)
Hi HF - has EMIL gone? How are you?
(Can't join discussion as I've only got the one. So far we are nicely spaced out - me in Mar, ds in May, dh in July (he's 30 on the 24th!).

NotQuiteCockney Thu 07-Jul-05 05:42:50

DS1's birthday is Sept 26, DS2's is Sept 24. Also three years apart. DS2 was nearly an elective section (only he decided he couldn't wait that long), which was booked for Sept 28, as I didn't want the birthdays to be only one day apart.

Bouj Thu 07-Jul-05 06:02:01

My sister's birthday is the day after mine, and my brother's is a week before mine. Lots of combined parties for my sister and I, there was a feeling of 'party week' which was obviously good, but sometimes a feeling of lack of identity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now