Advanced search

Amazon - oh crud!

(16 Posts)
fostermum Wed 06-Jul-05 11:43:53

I was browsing a few books on amazon and put them in my basket for maybe alter if i can sweet talk dp! anyway it was giving me a total for each one seperatly and i wanted a complete total - since im lazy and couldnt be botherd to work it out i clicked on 'order' now i havent used amazon for ages and i thought that they gave you a total the another 'place order' button to complete the order but it doesnt so now i have officially placed the order and my stuff will be despached soon!

to top it off i cant cancell the order becasue amazon is doing routine matinence - bugger thats £20 that i shouldnt be spending

fostermum Wed 06-Jul-05 11:47:08

it says to 'try again' in 15 mons i hope it bloomin works!

lilaclotus Wed 06-Jul-05 11:48:38

oh dear! i hope you can cancel it!

fostermum Wed 06-Jul-05 11:53:55

so do i! its my fault for not paying attention

starlover Wed 06-Jul-05 11:57:34

but surely you had to enter all your payment details etc...

regularmumsnetter Wed 06-Jul-05 11:58:25

i don't think you do if you have ordered from them before.

fostermum Wed 06-Jul-05 11:58:48

no there already o my account so i have to just click 'order' and its done - there is a section where i can cancel it but there doing maintenance to that bit of the site - im jst hoping they finish before its to late to cancell.

Janh Wed 06-Jul-05 12:00:39

I'm sure you have pretty much until the next day to cancel - they don't process things instantly, do they? Even if you're on 1st class post?

lilaclotus Wed 06-Jul-05 12:01:26

did you get an e-mail confirming your order?

starlover Wed 06-Jul-05 12:02:00

can you not just return it when you get it

BadgerBadger Wed 06-Jul-05 13:47:07

I just cancelled an order with amazon that I placed a week ago. (They had put the delivery date weeks back, so I had no choice!)

I bumped into the routine maintenance page last night, don't worry, it was all accessible again within a matter of minutes.

I'm sure you'll have time to cancel before they dispatch.... they aren't that quick, IME !

lilaclotus Wed 06-Jul-05 13:51:28

were you able to cancel it, fostermum?

Twiglett Wed 06-Jul-05 13:55:46

wouldn't worry about it it tends to take them days to sort out orders anyway you can probably cancel in the next few days

charleepeters Wed 06-Jul-05 13:59:18

yeah i got the e.mail confirming my order but its still down so having probs - hopefully it will be fixed soon - by the way the origional meaasages were me on my mums computer - i always forget to swap login names over

PrincessPeaHead Wed 06-Jul-05 14:07:02

you have the right under the distance selling regulations to cancel your order/return for a complete refund within 14 days, so don't worry about it.

lilaclotus Wed 06-Jul-05 15:31:46

i logged into amazon and i can get into the cancel orders bit. maybe it would work for you now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now