Talk

Advanced search

gulp!!!!

(10 Posts)
berolina Wed 06-Jul-05 02:25:38

tonight I fell asleep while bf - sitting on the sofa!!! Woke up and ds (on a feeding cushion on my lap) was obv asleep too, but his face was sort of red on one side and I'm worried his air was restricted. Was and am sooo knackered, but feel sh1t! Has anyone else ever done this? Reassurance needed.

berolina Wed 06-Jul-05 02:31:53

that is: especially on one side.
I must go to bed, thing is I reckon he'll wake again any minute now... am so tired.
they say on the SIDS website how dangerous it is to fall asleep with baby on a sofa... (shiver)

AnnaInManchester Wed 06-Jul-05 08:01:39

Hi Berolina, how is ds today?

lockets Wed 06-Jul-05 08:04:18

Message withdrawn

Lizzylou Wed 06-Jul-05 08:52:30

Berolina, it is so easy to do...atleast you are both OK, try not to worry too much

berolina Wed 06-Jul-05 11:28:02

thank you. Goash, it's a horrible shock though first time...
Anna, normal, as far as I can tel. We fell asleep bf in bed 8somewhat safer...) and this am he woke up and immediately went over to the full 'I'm huuuuuungry' screaming thing. So I suppose he's OK .
I am SO tired though. Haven't been this tired since the very early days when we were struggling to feed and I was putting him unsuccessfully on the breast, giving him a bottle and then expressing... Please tell me it passes!

Lizzylou Wed 06-Jul-05 11:31:12

Yes , it passes

Until teething starts..........

LIZS Wed 06-Jul-05 11:53:13

It passes ! I'm sure many of us have nodded off in less than ideal places with babe, it happens. Don't beat yourself up - he is fine, no harm done. If you were sat upright then that is relatively ok compared to lying down with him on the sofa and risking him facing into a cushion. Exhaustion is horrible and your ds is probably going through a bit of a spurt atm but it will get easier, probably when you least expect it.

Do also prepare yourself for the sudden long stretch at night when you wake from a heavy sleep, boobs leaking and rush over to make sure he is still breathing. btw whenever we have one of ours in bed, even from tiny babes, I don't sleep well.

Nightynight Wed 06-Jul-05 12:35:04

Ive done it many times. If I know I am tired, I try to sit in such a way that I wont squash babe if I fall asleep.(ie cant fall on top of them) I have actually heard of a case where a baby did die in these circumstances, so maybe I am a little paranoid about this.

handlemecarefully Wed 06-Jul-05 12:37:13

Did it all the time. Was it the side of his face that had been on the feeding cushion? - probably just warm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now