Talk

Advanced search

If I wash DD's surface-wash-only doll, what's the worst that can happen?

(10 Posts)
franch Tue 05-Jul-05 18:40:56

It got dragged along Oxford Street the other day and is blackened. Tried 'surface wash' and it still looks nasty. DD sleeps with it so I'd like to get it reasonably clean ...

MrsGordonRamsay Tue 05-Jul-05 18:41:31

Before you do that can you get a replacement ??

Janh Tue 05-Jul-05 18:41:52

What's it made of?

starlover Tue 05-Jul-05 18:42:36

has it got any parts that look like they are stuck on rather than sewn?

Janh Tue 05-Jul-05 18:44:54

If it has bits on it that might be washed off, you can wash it inside a knotted pillowcase (or else a large one of those mesh bags for delicate things).

If you do put it in the machine I would give it a good soak in soapy water first to loosen as much dirt as poss.

franch Tue 05-Jul-05 18:52:44

This is it - Buttons (the girl). What do you think??

Janh Tue 05-Jul-05 18:55:09

Yes, I would - but defo in a bag. Do her on a wool wash (v gentle) with something like Stergene and don't tumble her dry!

Janh Tue 05-Jul-05 18:56:01

It says removable clothing, you could wash those separately?

franch Tue 05-Jul-05 19:29:21

Thanks Janh - I think I'll risk it although not sure how DD will manage without it while it dries Will wash the dress separately as you suggest. Fingers crossed .....

ZoeC Tue 05-Jul-05 19:38:26

I have a stuffed toy here which is 'surface wash only' and I machine wash it all the time - the stuffing has gone pretty lumpy and sort of bunched up, but actually in dd1's eyes that seems to be part of the charm now, else I'd get it restuffed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now