Advanced search

Ebay - fallen out with seller - now what to do

(25 Posts)
lisalisa Tue 05-Jul-05 14:23:03

Message withdrawn

lisalisa Tue 05-Jul-05 14:23:31

Message withdrawn

gothicmama Tue 05-Jul-05 14:25:00

check with teh bank i think they only charge if it has been paid in to an account. Contact ebay and explain what has happened

lunachic Tue 05-Jul-05 14:28:47

do ebay not have a board which could adjudicate in the matter
she is being unfair and four days is not a lot of time to elapse anyway -i would cancel the cheque though if shes not cashing it-i would be a little worried in case she cashes it and doesnt send goods although this would break her contract
she seems to be the one who is ooo hope ebey are on your side good luck

cupcakes Tue 05-Jul-05 14:33:24

for the sake of peace of mind I would post her an sae to get the cheque back. If you try and go through ebay it could take ages.

starlover Tue 05-Jul-05 14:33:37

your bank may well not charge for the cheque if you explain what has happened. i once had to cancel one which got lost in the post and they said they would waive the charge.

you CAN set up a dispute with ebay, or contact ebay customer services but to be honest their customer services are worse than AWFUL. I have never, ever received more than the automated response from them. they just don't care i don't think.

If she is refusing to send the items after you have sent payment though i would certainly set up a dispute... you will have to search ebay for how to do it though because it's a nightmare to find!

HappyMumof2 Tue 05-Jul-05 14:37:55

Message withdrawn

starlover Tue 05-Jul-05 14:39:43

have yuo been contacting each other via ebay? or just e-mailing privately?

if you ahve been doing i thru ebay at least they will have a record of all correspondenec

Kelly1978 Tue 05-Jul-05 14:45:05

You should be able to get her phone number off ebay. Tell her you have cancelled the cheque, then she is unlikely to risk banking it, as it would charge her if it bounces.

HappyMumof2 Tue 05-Jul-05 14:49:14

Message withdrawn

Fran1 Tue 05-Jul-05 14:50:31

Banks normally only charge to cancel if its something you've changed your mind about.

I said i wrote a cheque but then lost it so wanted it for peace of mind and they cancelled it with no charge. Presumably lost in the post would be granted free cancellation also.

NomDePlume Tue 05-Jul-05 14:52:13

No advice lisalisa but this woman sounds bloody barking ! What a nutter

HappyMumof2 Tue 05-Jul-05 14:53:23

Message withdrawn

Pixiefish Tue 05-Jul-05 15:01:18

Sounds like a complete nutter... send an SAE for the cheque back. Report her to ebay for refusing to honour the deal. Refuse to agree when she does a final value fee refund thing and be careful of holding back your feedback incase she negs you

lisalisa Tue 05-Jul-05 15:03:53

Message withdrawn

lisalisa Tue 05-Jul-05 15:08:16

Message withdrawn

leahbump Tue 05-Jul-05 15:12:20

as someone who buys and sells on ebay.....I would wait and see what she does first- at the end of the day you can also post replys to negative comments so that people viewing your feedback get some idea/explaination.

I had a buyer leave neg without even telling me anything was wrong before she did it...was well cross!!

See what happens with the ebay complaints process also- you should inform them she is withholding your cheque and the goods. Also tell them she is asking for confidetial account info- that should get her into BIG trouble!

Pixiefish Tue 05-Jul-05 15:15:09

I WOULDN'T neg her- if you do you're asking for it back. Just keep an eye on her that she doesn't do it to you and be ready if she does

lisalisa Tue 05-Jul-05 15:16:35

Message withdrawn

rickman Tue 05-Jul-05 15:17:34

Message withdrawn

sparklymieow Tue 05-Jul-05 15:18:59

Say its lost in the post, the bank won't charge then

starlover Tue 05-Jul-05 15:22:20

i think leahbump means info about your ebay account.

lisalisa Tue 05-Jul-05 15:28:21

Message withdrawn

starlover Tue 05-Jul-05 15:29:39

if she leaves you negative then go for it!

but don't do it first in case it makes her do it to spite you iyswim

franke Tue 05-Jul-05 15:59:23

Agree that you should neg her if she negs you and also reply to the neg she leaves you, but keep it factual - I always read feedback and if it is insulting or unreasonable, I steer well clear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now