Talk

Advanced search

radio flyer truck thingys, any good?

(15 Posts)
misdee Mon 04-Jul-05 19:09:46

was thinking about how much by dd's would love one the other night. but can they really withstand a lot of 'abuse' from 2/3 rowdy kids?

MrsGordonRamsay Mon 04-Jul-05 19:19:52

I think somewhere in this one there is a reference to the fact that the paint flakes

HTH

misdee Mon 04-Jul-05 19:22:56

thats for truckd, i want to get a wagon.

misdee Mon 04-Jul-05 19:23:09

trike even

MrsGordonRamsay Mon 04-Jul-05 19:38:02

Yes but I should have thought that the paint job would be similar.

cupcakes Mon 04-Jul-05 19:47:14

we have one which we bought at a car boot sale for a few pounds. It was very rusty but dh painted it and used hammerite and although still a little shabby looking is fantastic. I think it must be really good quality because it was in a bad way when we got it and then it has had a couple of years hard playing and it is still excellent.
The children love it - even my 2 yr old dd can pull her older brother about in it. Hours of fun - all their friends love it and cart each other round the garden.
If/when it does finally fall apart I'll have to buy a new one; it is that good!
(I can't comment on the paint job because there was too much rust - maybe that tells you something though...)

ThePrisoner Tue 05-Jul-05 01:01:50

I've got a brill one but will have to post details tomorrow because it's too late to sort now ... watch this space ...

tigermoth Tue 05-Jul-05 05:52:28

If I remember rightly, scummymummy's first ever post on mumsnet was about her brilliant radioflyer wagon - she gave it a big thumbs up.

mumbojumbo Tue 05-Jul-05 06:08:44

Hi

We've got one for ds1 (3 years) and ds2. Got a wagon seat in it for ds2 (19 months). They love it! Don't tend to go too far with it as one of them invariably wants to climb out, usually on the move!

Piccie here

ScummyMummy Tue 05-Jul-05 06:16:39

Still love ours. As do my boys. I use it for bringing shopping home from Sainsbo's and the boys run behind picking up all the things that fall off and putting them back on. Most enjoyable.

Ameriscot2005 Tue 05-Jul-05 06:18:45

We don't have a Radio Flyer, but we do have a wagon and the kids love it. It's very handy in the garden too.

tigermoth Tue 05-Jul-05 06:57:51

good morning, scummymummy

ThePrisoner Tue 05-Jul-05 13:52:09

Would thoroughly recommend contacting this

This is where i got my wagon from, plus accessories. (Is also brilliant site for lots of other stuff!)

The children I mind absolutely love riding in mine - it's really big, but I'm not sure if this particular one is still available in UK. I have used it for lots of different ages and is always a talking point.

ThePrisoner Tue 05-Jul-05 13:56:54

Oops ... link not working (this is a bit new to me!!)

Should be OK now ...

this

ThePrisoner Tue 05-Jul-05 13:57:19

Yay!!! It works!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: