Talk

Advanced search

have you ever fallen for someone you got chatting to on the net?

(32 Posts)
ogri Mon 04-Jul-05 19:06:53

i have talked to many , but no one that has tickled my fancy, so just wonderingif anyone else has fallen for someone

mrspink27 Mon 04-Jul-05 19:08:21

met my dh on line. no family know tho!! its our secret.

also met and had very intense fling with someone who i am still very close to.

fastasleep Mon 04-Jul-05 19:29:01

I met my DH on the net too so did a few of my friends!

kama Mon 04-Jul-05 19:29:58

Message withdrawn

kama Mon 04-Jul-05 19:30:21

Message withdrawn

tammybear Mon 04-Jul-05 19:32:18

yep both my exs lol. with xdp ive known him for 5 years now and we only sort of got into a serious relationship end of 2003, although we were sort of together in 2001. dd's father was off the net but a lot of what he told me about himself wasnt true and just stuff he had made up, nothing drastic though lol

purpleturtle Mon 04-Jul-05 19:35:37

Went to a wedding last weekend of a couple who met on the net. Lovely do it was too.

HappyDaddy Tue 05-Jul-05 10:19:45

I've fallen in love with you all.

QueenFlounce Tue 05-Jul-05 10:21:36

Yes. Met him in RL too though... didn't fancy him til I saw him. Funnily enough we could never chat properly face to face.... it felt awkward and too much effort. But online!?!?! WOW!

Haven't spoken to him for a looooooong time now.

ogri Tue 05-Jul-05 10:48:49

queenflounce, thats a shame you.ve not spoken to him in ages. why not contact him??

QueenFlounce Tue 05-Jul-05 10:51:28

Oh GOD Ogri!! It just about spilt up DH (then DP) and I. We stopped communicating after I married DH.

starlover Tue 05-Jul-05 10:53:07

yes! had some fantastic flings with ppl i met on net!

met dp on net too... but didn't get together until we had known each other for over a year (off the net)

ogri Tue 05-Jul-05 11:08:06

oh sorry queenflounce, i didnt realise you were married.

geekgrrl Tue 05-Jul-05 11:10:40

yes, my dh ... and a few flings before I met him (I was 19 - what can I say )

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 11:10:42

i've been living with him for the last 5 years

rickman Tue 05-Jul-05 11:13:28

Message withdrawn

Listmaker Tue 05-Jul-05 11:22:31

I met my bf on the net - on friends reunited dating site which is cheap and seems to have a fairly low weirdo quota! I bumped into an old friend the other day and she is also seeing someone she met on FRD!!

Mine was pure luck and he's the only one I met up with but e-mailed some others before meeting him. He's amazing and wonderful and I'm going to marry him (he just hasn't actually asked yet ).

My friend met her dp on-line in some msn chatroom and they are getting married in August.

I never keep it secret - we tell everyone!

geekgrrl Tue 05-Jul-05 11:44:01

I met my dh on powwow, which is a live chat programme where you can talk to people you know or just random people (this was back in the mid-90s) and previous boyfriends in chat rooms and through a dating website.

geekgrrl Tue 05-Jul-05 11:45:00

my brother also met his wife online - through a dating website

sharklet Tue 05-Jul-05 12:08:08

I met my DH on the net we've been together three years and have a lovely little girl who is 1. We met on a dating site - both of us had registered for a laugh to keep mates company.

Neither of our families know thats how we met. To be honest we didnt chat for ages before meeting. We had a few emails back and forth and a chat on MSN then met up in London for the day. Neither of us had expectations more than an intersting person to spend a day out with. It was a perfect way to meet someone as he is not my usual visual type and I may not have looked twice at him, but her is my perfect match personality wise and thats what makes a relationship.

I did also have another relationship with someone I got talking to in a chat room. He was in the Falklands for 6 months and we chatted became freinds and then became infatuated with one another. We were both very lonely and bounced that off each other moulding each other into the people we wanted as our perfect partner. When he came back the tension was so huge it was unbelievable - he is a lovely guy and we still stay in touch but neither of us were what we expected and as a result the romance was short lived.

It just showed me that you need to know someone for real to really have a real romance with them as their perception of you will be very different to your real self.

As for now thought _ I couldn't be happier!!!

Emma xxx

QueenEagle Tue 05-Jul-05 12:16:37

Yes I met my dh on the net and have now been married nearly 3 years and have 2 kids together plus he is daddy to my older three!

megandsoph Tue 05-Jul-05 13:01:24

yes am engaged to him

DaddyCool Tue 05-Jul-05 13:03:38

didn't fairyfly fall for dadslib on the net and end up snogging him? (pmsl )

piffle Tue 05-Jul-05 13:04:18

yes had one very intense fling sort of svengali type man for me, was a totally amazing 3 mths then I called it off, as it would not have worked long term and I was falling for him hugely. Still friends although he is overseas.
I met dp through a woman I met at an internet party, she had met him at another party and told us to get together, so we did and 5 yrs and one dd later are rather chuffed that we did!

Bugsy2 Tue 05-Jul-05 14:27:16

bonked a couple I met while internet dating - but no didn't actually "fall" for anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now