Talk

Advanced search

Help needed from a computer knowledgable person!

(6 Posts)
lunavix Mon 04-Jul-05 18:44:56

Computer wouldn't connect to internet this morning, it said 'limited or no connectivity' on the icon in the bottom right hand corner.

Phoned ntl, and after lots of pulling cables out and rebooting things they said the 'ethernet card or drivers were corrupt/broken'
Does this sound right?

Anyways, just tried it again and it's working (obviously) and it WAS working last night, does this sound like a major problem? Where would I get drivers from?
It's a hired computer, we may have the option of upgrading it (don't know till tomorrow) should we just ignore the problem and upgrade???!

SenoraPostrophe Mon 04-Jul-05 19:48:12

if the drivers were corrupt, they wouldn't just fix themselves. I think it was an NTL problem.

morningpaper Mon 04-Jul-05 19:49:29

agree

kcemum Mon 04-Jul-05 20:01:46

ntl will lways blame the computer for their mistakes!!

QueenOfQuotes Mon 04-Jul-05 20:01:47

agree - they like making out that the problem is at our end rather than there's.

lunavix Mon 04-Jul-05 20:06:55

it just sounded a bit odd that the computer told me (through the ntl broadband medic thing) that there was a connection, it was just limited. If part of my computer was buggered, wouldn't it just not work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now