Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My two sofas sold for 50p each on Ebay!

(27 Posts)
Flossam Sun 03-Jul-05 13:09:45

Didn't really want any money for them, hence making this the starting bid price, but still, does anyone else think this is a bit ridiculous?

GeorginaA Sun 03-Jul-05 13:10:11

Hope you charged a lot for P&P!

teeavee Sun 03-Jul-05 13:13:58

oooh, I'd love to buy sofas for that price! are they in good nick? Go on, post us a link to the photo!

munz Sun 03-Jul-05 13:23:38

ooh they've sold already? what a bargin.

Flossam Sun 03-Jul-05 13:34:56

Well I hate them both, one was donated to us(!) this horrible sofa bed had been covered up with throws and DP like this one and insisted we brought it

Have just realised the listing fees were 69p each. And I haven't yet cleaned them.

Fran1 Sun 03-Jul-05 13:38:08

Oh that is gutting, and you're not even getting any extra for postage!

This happens with some of my smaller items and its depressing that you then have to go to the effort of packaging and posting - or in your case cleaning ready for pick up!

I hope the buyer takes sympathy and at least gives you a fiver?

Or have they paid by paypal, in which case you'll get stomped with more charges

Oh well its the risk we take! Hope you've sold some other things that have made you profit!

teeavee Sun 03-Jul-05 15:32:02

at least they're collecting them - apart from the cleaning, it wil get them off your hands relatively quickly, and for not much hassle. It would probably have cost you more to take them away yourself.

sparklymieow Sun 03-Jul-05 16:20:11

Someone got a bargain then..... I liked your red sofa..... I would have put the starting price at £5 though, just to cover the listing fees etc, and people would have paid that to..... oh well at least you don't have to go to the tip or pay the council to take them away.

spacecadet Sun 03-Jul-05 19:26:03

if its any consolation flossam, my stroller that was ds2's and the raincover which was 9.99 alone, have just sold for 2,21!!!!!!!!, my listing fees were 72p and then there will be a final value fee, ah well you win some you lose some.

Flossam Sun 03-Jul-05 20:13:07

is it really bad that i'm tempted not to make such a big effort with the cleaning?

Aero Sun 03-Jul-05 20:35:00

I wouldn't even bother cleaning them!

thedogmother Sun 03-Jul-05 20:36:41

For that price I probably wouldn't bother with the cleaning, I mean, FGS what will they be expecting for 50p?

kid Sun 03-Jul-05 20:38:00

I wouldn't clean them either TBH, the buyer has got a great bargain. If they don't like them when they come to collect, they dont have to take them.
That way, you can relist them, at a higher starting price.

bambi06 Sun 03-Jul-05 20:41:09

i bought a bike for my dd for 1p!!! and when my father went to pick it up for me he gave her a fiver as the poor girl offered to meet half way to deliver!!!

fishfinger Sun 03-Jul-05 20:41:41

riding it?

bambi06 Sun 03-Jul-05 20:44:46

no she dropped it off inthe car!! but it just shows what a bargain you can get on good old ebay

Flossam Sun 03-Jul-05 20:54:23

thanks for not thinking i'm terrible! One of the bidders has said her man and van will be coming sometime next week but not sure when. Not sure if she expects me to sit in all week or what!

kid Mon 04-Jul-05 10:51:53

Just go about your business as usual, you don't have to wait in for them. Give them a day that you need it collected by and let them know if it hasn't been done by then you will have to relist it. (I am determined that you will get more money for it! )

Flossam Mon 04-Jul-05 11:01:16

Kid,

Flossam Mon 04-Jul-05 11:03:43

Just checked my email and the same one has just paid via paypal!

throckenholt Mon 04-Jul-05 11:09:20

can you refund it and ask them to pay cash on collection ? I think if you refund it your fees get refunded too.

Bit daft to pay paypal for such a small amount.

lisalisa Mon 04-Jul-05 11:18:58

Message withdrawn

Flossam Mon 04-Jul-05 11:22:58

TBH, I wasn't going to bother taking the 50p, I mean what is that going to buy me anyhow? A mars bar! Just seems a strange thing to do - I have no idea how much the paypal fees will be, so whether I will see anything at all I don't know!

kid Mon 04-Jul-05 14:32:17

I think they probably feel bad so rather than feel they have to offer you more money, they have paid by paypal to get it out of the way so its just collecting them now.

Any news on when they want to collect?

kid Mon 04-Jul-05 14:33:26

just realised its 2 different people that bought them, I just assumed it was the same person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now