Talk

Advanced search

Miaou, Miaou, Miaou! Please read this!

(12 Posts)
frogs Sat 02-Jul-05 20:13:00

Hi Miaou

I've got a bag of baby stuff ready for you!

If you're still interested in it, could you CAT me your email address, so we can sort out which bits you want?

Miaou Sat 02-Jul-05 20:32:28

Ooooh, just glancing downt the thread and saw this - how unobservant am I?

I'll CAT you just now and we'll chat

misdee Sat 02-Jul-05 20:33:23

any idea what your having?

Miaou Sat 02-Jul-05 20:34:52

Nope, although I have a sneaky feeling it will be another girl

If it is we can have a "three girls" club

DelGirl Sat 02-Jul-05 20:47:30

just on here quickly. Hi Miaou, long time no speak. When are you due cos i'm getting together a bag of girls things as dd grows out of them. You'd be very welcome to them and I promise I will post them to you. Gotta go, take care

misdee Sat 02-Jul-05 20:48:46

as soon as you know, then iwill send some stuff to you. my aunt has been given the neutral stuff as she is having a 'surprise baby' 12 years after her last

Miaou Sat 02-Jul-05 20:51:46

Hello DelGirl, how nice to "see" you again! I'm due in 4 weeks, so not long to go now! I will let you know when I know what I've got IYSWIM!

Miaou Sat 02-Jul-05 20:52:44

Misdee, you are very kind! Watch the birth announcements in the next month!

Getting all excited now

Miaou Sat 02-Jul-05 20:53:51

Golly, 12 years, and I thought I had a big age gap!

frogs Sat 02-Jul-05 21:52:58

Big age gaps are where it's at, Miaou -- my dd1 was eight and a half when dd2 was born. They can help you!! It's fab! And all your older dd's friends will be soooo jealous, and start asking their mums why they can't have a baby too.

Watch out for awkward questions, though. When I was newly preg. with dd2, dd1 said one day, "I don't ever want you to have another baby." When I asked why, she said, "Because at school if your mum's having a baby, everybody teases you." I must have looked a bit blank, cos she followed up with, "Yeah, they all go, 'Eeerr, your mum and dad have sexed!!'"

misdee Sat 02-Jul-05 21:55:24

my aunts eldests boy (18years old) is quite disgusted by the fact his parents still 'do it'

Miaou Sun 03-Jul-05 10:01:39

ROFL at your dd1, frogs! When I first got pg we got books out of the library showing exactly what happens (and how!) - they took it all on board but didn't really ask many questions about it, and I don't think anyone at school has said anything (most things get back to us somehow!). I'm quite surprised really - we expected to have the "birds and the bees" discussion with dd1 but she is quite happy with the "mummy and daddy had a special cuddle" line so we haven't pushed it.

Not sure about the help from dd1 - she's more of an observer - but dd2 (aged 6) thinks she's the answer to Mary Poppins ...

Misdee, I can just imagine the comments being made to your 18 year old cousin ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now