Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what would you do re:holiday???

(19 Posts)
sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 13:55:58

We have a holiday booked in Great Yarmouth in October, was one of the sun deals. Anyway, we have now been offered a house which could be ready in october. I really don't have money for the holiday now, becuase I have to save up for a van and new beds, I have thought about selling it and getting some of my money back but I feel guitly that the kids haven't had a holiday this year. Dh also doesn't want to leave the house empty for a week, because of next door. I do have some money from the Family fund for a holiday but I wanted to book a week at Haven with it as the kids love it there........ oh what to do???

QueenEagle Sat 02-Jul-05 13:57:23

Can you defer the holiday for a few weeks til after you have setlled in the new house? If the money is there from the Family Fund do you have any flexibility on when you take it?

sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 13:58:18

I have the money from the FF in my bank...... have already moved the holiday once because the kids had chicken pox......

sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 13:58:51

was suposed to go away middle of may

QueenEagle Sat 02-Jul-05 14:04:13

Look at it this way - if you hadn't been offered the house, would you still go?

If the answer is yes, then keep to the plan in place and go!

sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 14:04:59

no I don't think we would go because DH is so worried about leaving the hosue empty.

QueenEagle Sat 02-Jul-05 14:05:56

Can someone house sit?

When else would you be able to get away if not in October?

sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 14:07:29

after we move I guess, Have said that as soon as we move I will book a last minute deal with Haven and just go....... My mum is thinking about buying the holiday off us,

QueenEagle Sat 02-Jul-05 14:08:35

If it can be transferred, that sounds like the best idea.

I like Haven - loads for the kids to do.

sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 14:09:00

I don't know anyone who could house sit, as they all work fulltime and the hosue would be empty all day and I don't trust them next door.......

sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 14:10:48

The holiday isn't haven its on a site near Haven, I thought I'd put the Haven number down and it wasn't they don't even have a swimming pool.
We love Haven too, had three holidays last year at haven, all at really cheap prices, and the kids loved it.

sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 14:13:58

I'm going to phone the holiday site and see if we can move it to next year, and when we move we can go to Haven...... if they say I can't move it, I'll sell it

QueenEagle Sat 02-Jul-05 14:17:38

Yes that sounds a good idea to me SM!

sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 14:19:58

just was worried about the money I think, I need to get about £500 for a moving van and two new beds for the girls.... and carpets, and flooring...... OMG I bet we have to get a loan.....

QueenEagle Sat 02-Jul-05 14:27:36

SM - everything will come together, don't panic! Everyone will rally round and help - if I lived near you I would help you too!

sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 14:30:01

Before when we moved we all used cars and trailers but since then I have had the girls and we have so much more stuff, so need a proper van and it going to cost so much money......

assumedname Sat 02-Jul-05 14:48:15

sparklymieow - re the move - can you use a self-drive hire van instead of hiring one?

Or see if there's a 'man with a van' in the local paper who could do a few trips for a lower cost, maybe?

Frizbe Sat 02-Jul-05 15:57:04

A lot of charity shops use 'man with van' you can ask them if they do moving work as well!

sparklymieow Sat 02-Jul-05 16:32:41

I just want to do one trip and thats it, just want to load up and go.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now