Talk

Advanced search

I can see clearly now.......Laser Eyed Gingerbear!!

(7 Posts)
gingerbear Sat 02-Jul-05 08:17:47

I have always had poor short sight -6.75 & -7.00 I thought that I would always need glasses or contacts. I remember speaking to Hunker a while back about being scared of Laser treatment and looked into those special contact lenses. Well, they weren't available locally. I took the plunge and had my eyes lasered last Thursday (LASIK). The actual procedure was nervewracking and uncomfortable, and my eyes were gritty and streaming for a day afterwards, but my sight was good straight away, if a little cloudy, and today - I can see well enough to mumsnet again! No discomfort other than dry eyes in the mornings.
Wow. Amazing.
(Still wake up wondering if I left my contacts in overnight though!)

Yorkiegirl Sat 02-Jul-05 08:18:44

Message withdrawn

whymummy Sat 02-Jul-05 08:23:20

oh brilliant gingerbear,my two sisters had them done last year and they're really thrilled with the results

flobbleflobble Sat 02-Jul-05 09:38:26

Gingerbear that sounds great!
Did you have both done at the same time, where and how much did it cost?!!
My eyes are rubbish

Caribbeanqueen Sat 02-Jul-05 09:39:46

What are those special contact lenses you mentioned?

gingerbear Sat 02-Jul-05 13:32:00

I had both eyes done at the same time - at the Ultralase cliniic in Leeds (they have clinics all over the country). It cost 995 per eye - not the cheapest, but as my optician recommended them, I decided to take his advice.

Hunkermunker has those lenses as does Puff - see here for a list of threads

gingerbear Sat 02-Jul-05 13:41:33

Ortho-K lenses - you wear them overnight take them out in the morning and have perfect vision for the rest of the day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: