Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!! Going on holiday and need swimwear advice!!!

(17 Posts)
Gillian76 Thu 30-Jun-05 16:14:14

I am a size 20 and going on holiday in a fortnight. We are going to Lake Garda in Italy and I expect it will be hot. We're going to a Keycamp site so whilst we won't be lying on a beach I imagine we'll spend a reasonable amount of time at the pool.

Now, I have been strictly a black swimming costume girl for the last few post-baby flabby years. But somehow I don't feel like spending a fortnight in black lycra.

Any advice on what to wear? Plain colours? Prints? One piece? Two piece? NO CHANCE of wearing a bikini (eugh!) What is going to make me look least like a blancmange? I am really bad at shopping so would appreciate some starting points!

cupcakes Thu 30-Jun-05 16:17:19

I would recommend a one piece - I never think tankinis are hugely flattering. Big prints are definitely better than small, busy ones.
And definitely get something underwired.

bundle Thu 30-Jun-05 16:17:34

boden boyleg comes in a size 20

Gillian76 Thu 30-Jun-05 16:19:39

Looks nice bundle... can I justify £39 on a swimsuit???

dizzymama Thu 30-Jun-05 16:20:39

I'm a size 18 and recently got a lovely (believe it or not ) swim suit from Tesco! I'd say, if you're anything like me, the most important thing is bust support! Personally I would feel self concious in a print, or at least a loud one. I'd stick to plain and one piece if it were me. Sounds like a great holiday btw!
Another way to look at it is, which is the best bit of you? If you have great legs and bum then a patterned lower half would look good.....

bundle Thu 30-Jun-05 16:22:01

gillian, I do agree it's a lot but price per wear would be low if you feel happy in it! also, their sale starts on friday..

Gillian76 Thu 30-Jun-05 16:22:18

Top half is definitely better than the bottom. Too much flab and celulite down there

Have B cup boobies so not huge...

dizzymama Thu 30-Jun-05 16:24:00

In which case you'd be able to get away with a patterned top half and dark bottom half B cup? I envy you, I'm currently a GG and showing no signs of going down!!!

Gillian76 Thu 30-Jun-05 16:24:04

Agree bundle it pays to be comfortable, especially when it's hot! Might wait and see tomorrow. How did you now about the sale?

bundle Thu 30-Jun-05 16:24:39

people posting on here, of course

bundle Thu 30-Jun-05 16:25:16

(think it starts at midnight..so there'll be lots of hovering over keyboards in the wee hours..)

Gillian76 Thu 30-Jun-05 16:25:22

Never thought about Tesco, dizzymama. Might have a look there too

dizzymama Thu 30-Jun-05 16:26:12

I was quite suprised TBH but the large one by us had quite a good selection. Enjoy!

Gillian76 Thu 30-Jun-05 16:26:45

I shall be hovering then! DH is out at a retirement do so I probably be up late anyway

Gillian76 Thu 30-Jun-05 16:30:03

The halterneck is quite nice too

Gillian76 Thu 30-Jun-05 19:17:15

Anyone else have an opinion on what is likely to make me look fatter - plain or print???

Most of the Boden costumes seem to be available in both

Gillian76 Wed 06-Jul-05 11:35:36

Well my Boden bow swimsuit appeared this morning. Love it

Thanks for all the advice. I wish I could order another, but there doesn't seem to be any available just now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now