Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help DD got tomato pasta on brand new white dress

(9 Posts)
geogteach Wed 29-Jun-05 21:59:25

Ok so should have known white dress on a 2 yr old was a bad idea. Have tried vanish spray and tablets, anone got any better ideas? Willing to try anything as its not fit to wear again at the moment and this was the first time she wore it!

MarsLady Wed 29-Jun-05 22:00:03

soak in soda crystals, then wash in napisan!

misdee Wed 29-Jun-05 22:01:14

and when its clean ,hang it upo in strong sunlight to dry. did this with one of dd1 white t-shirts which she spilt pasta sauce on, after washing there was aoprnage stain, after being in the sun all day it had gone.

spidermama Wed 29-Jun-05 22:02:23

Spot clean with bleach and a scrubbing brush.

MarsLady Wed 29-Jun-05 22:02:35

forgot that. Good point misdee!

Lonelymum Wed 29-Jun-05 22:03:03

If it is plain white, you can soak it in a solution of bleach and cold water and that will get rid of the stain in a matter of half an hour or so. I do it - frequently. Then rinse it or wash it again to remove all traces of bleach.

Mojomummy Wed 29-Jun-05 22:11:43

try the Dylon da on stain removers.There is a No1 & a No 2 - they are ace for tomatoe stains ( not good with fruit juice though)

Strong sunlight works a treat too

(doesn't bleach stain or rot material ?)

geogteach Thu 30-Jun-05 08:28:37

Thanks, what sort of proportion of bleach to water would you recomend?

Lonelymum Thu 30-Jun-05 10:21:30

Check on the back of the bleach bottle Geogteach as I am not sure of the proportion. I always just chuck in a splurge and add so much water - not much help to you!

And yes, it probably does not do much for the fabric, but then, if the stain is left, the clothing is useless anyway and children's clothes don't have to last long, so I take the chance. I have never seen fabric fall apart because it has been bleached yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now