Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me with this?

(3 Posts)
confusedm Wed 29-Jun-05 13:44:17

Ok, a bit of background,. I work for a large organisation and whist pregnant there it was a bit of a nightmare,they failed in many areas including not giving me a safe place to wee and I had to waddle 10 minutes down the road to a smelly public loo in the freezing cold(another story!) they didn't even give me a return to work date, so I had no idea when I should go back and had to go through loads of hoops to find out!

The plan was to give up work full time but to return for a period of 13 weeks so as to work off the maternity pay.

The week before I was to start that period, due to a sudden illness I wasn't able to go back. I couldn't walk and was signed off. That was in March and despite much physio have been signed off since.(until the end of May)

I was told that I would get full pay for 3 months then half pay for 3 months.

I'm still receiving full pay from them - Not one person has requested my sick certificates, apparently 3 people have left(including my line manager , who has not been replaced)

This sounds a bit daft but what do I do? Because I was treated so badly whilst pregnant DH thinks I should say nothing as it's their mistake and string it out for as long as I can.

I was only meant to go back for the 13 weeks so it seems strange really that this is all dragging out so long , perhaps I should resign.

Don't really know what to do. I was meant to see an occupational therapist but surprise surprise not a word from them!

Update: Just found a message on the answerphone; work called wanting to discuss my sickness -
DH is fuming and saying they shouldn't do that...

deegward Wed 29-Jun-05 13:49:27

yes they can ask to talk to you regarding illness, I would now hand in notice as they have been paying you as though you were working (which you are, but not IYSWIM, as you are sick). You should be sending in you sick certificates and keeping in touch with them all the time.

confusedm Wed 29-Jun-05 13:52:51

I have tried to ring before but nobody responded to my calls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now