Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how to remove tomato sauce stain from carpet?

(13 Posts)
lunarx Wed 29-Jun-05 08:43:59

i'm hoping someone has some words of advice or wisdom that can help me find something to remove a tomato sauce stain from the carpet. (ds was sick last night after dinner and threw up =( )

i've tried Vanish spray carpet stain remover and it removed it a little bit, but not completely. ...

thanks

nailpolish Wed 29-Jun-05 08:44:58

1001 carpet cleaner spray is fab

zipzip Wed 29-Jun-05 09:42:54

Wish I could give you advice!

Last year my son dropped a full ketchup bottle (giant size 100% extra free) on the carpet. The ketchup went everywhere!!!!
Everytime I thought I'd cleaned it up, the following day the stain (the stain was the size of a US state) would reappear. I guess the stickineess clung to the fibres and so attracted any kind of dirt.
I ended up getting rid of the carpet (now have wood)

If nothing else works, and I agree with nailpolish, 1001 is good, it may be an idea to hire a carpet cleaner.

Good luck

SPARKLER1 Wed 29-Jun-05 09:45:45

BABY WET WIPES??????

lilaclotus Wed 29-Jun-05 09:47:13

agree with nailpolish. i found 1001 to be the best carpet cleaner.

Furball Wed 29-Jun-05 10:34:15

If you mix up some Dreft (IFAIK - has to be Dreft as that is for wool) with water and squirt it on and rub it in well with just your fingers, otherwise you'll change the texture of your carpet. Hopefully that should do the trick.

lunarx Wed 29-Jun-05 10:35:58

thanks ladies.. will try to get some of that 1001 carpet cleaner spray...

the first thing i tried was baby wet wipes, as i got to it as soon as he was sick

i wonder if regular laundry powder mixed in water would work, but i dont know if i'd be able to get it completely out..

(Ahhhhhhhhh!!!)

Kidstrack2 Wed 29-Jun-05 11:16:19

Tried Vinegar?

jayzmummy Wed 29-Jun-05 11:18:31

White vinegar will get it out.Put some kitchen towel over the stain and then pour some white vinegar onto kitchen towel. It will absorb and dilute the ketchup.

Scatterbrain Wed 29-Jun-05 11:25:24

Lakeland do some fantastic wipes for getting stains off carpets - called Wipe Off - sorry I can't make a link work - but go to www.lakelandlimited.com and search on Stain and they come up on second page (£2.95 a pack and they are fantabulous !)

I have definitely got ketchup off a cream carpet with them and red wine !!

lunarx Wed 29-Jun-05 12:20:15

i havent tried vinegar *snaps fingers*!
and that i can get at the village shop!!

thanks again!!!

MrsGordonRamsay Wed 29-Jun-05 12:25:16

Ok

Now that Lunarx has had a soloution, I need some help......................

Any tricks for getting dried in milk out of a dark green carpet ???

Apologies for the hi-jack, but I am in work

Scatterbrain Wed 29-Jun-05 12:29:24

Mrs GR - I refer the honourable member to my previous answer !!

They are BRILLIANT - they get anything off carpet - even nosebleeds !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now